Monday, December 07, 2009

Monday Monday

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time



I can't believe that even now at my advanced age and so called retirement I still hate getting up on Mondays.  Must be some sort of ancient genetic device like fight-or-flight.  So in honor of a crappy day ahead I found a pretty wreath with corners to cheer myself up.

Love that it's square because it fits so nicely inside a window frame and doesn't upset the eye with anything gauche like rounded corners.  This is a bay wreath and you can snatch off the leaves for a stew too.


Today's Give-a-way for the seventh day of Christmas will be a check for Heifer.  I will probably go with the bees this time to commemorate industry, and hopefully they will work themselves to their little exoskeletons for some deserving third world community.  I like bees.  Here is my Bee Quiltlet-  a mono print of antique lace on silk charmeuse called 'Bees in her Bonnet'

So, tha-tha-thaz all folks.  Sing along with the Mamas and Papas for the rest of the day!  I'll be at the notary, the pharmacy, the bank, the grocery, the party lady, the quilt shop, the post office, and the video store.  I sure need a wife.

1 comment :

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I always knew I could accomplish so much more if I had both a wife and a secretary!