Friday, February 19, 2010

Wired and Ridiculous

For about 5 years now I have been coveting a particular simple espresso machine, but never wanted to spend a huge amount of money on something I don't need or have much room for so have kept putting it off.  I don't even want the fancy schmancy one, just the Nespresso LeCube with it's pods-  tried several different pods and liked them all so I figured it was perfect for my needs.  And frankly, after selling off another quilt I want to treat myself.  So, Bloomingdales has a sale starting today where the $450 machine is marked down to $199 and I have over a $100 in coupons from them-  perfect time to buy, right?  What I REALLY love is this one:
But this is not it, sigh.  


But yesterday I walked by Sur laTable and they had a sign out front 'Nespresso Citiz is HERE!' so I went in to see how much they were selling Le Cube for-  also $199 so my head goes *boing* as I realize they must have something newer, and yup, there it was, the new Citiz model which is 5" wide and does everything the 12" Cube does except warm the cups.  Bingo-  this puppy can travel back and forth with me to Newton, so I grabbed it.  I must have had 4 espressos between 4 PM and bedtime last night, I tried 2 of the decaff pods and amazingly liked them both, but the other 2 regular flavors really worked-  I was up till 2 AM jitting around.  Still don't know which pods I like best but so far I haven't found any I really don't like.  And I have my Bloomingdales coupons to use for something else.   


Like espresso cups.  I started a search for those on-line and love these Pantone cups,  but there are so many other really cool ones available I just have to get out and start looking, 
and stop drinking so much.




Eyes Wide Open, Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed, Don't Cross Me, I am Armed!



Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.   Buddha

Yesterday on my buying blitz I also bought some stretcher frames for the Swamp Thang.  I was planning on getting a stretched canvas but the damn thing wouldn't fit in my car and was way too expensive.  So I went with the stretcher frames-  I used to (get that?  USED TO!) almost enjoy preparing a canvas so I hope that mojo hasn't disappeared along with my missing ass.  The problem is that now I have to figure out some sort of border treatment which I was only remotely thinking about before the Plan C.  I may have to make more swamp for the edges, daunting but do-able if necessary.  Originally (Plan A) I had a pile of vintage upholstery fabrics that looked very swampy along the edges so maybe that will be the first trial later today.  Plan B, borderless with the swamp just cut off at the edges, never looked big enough or perhaps finished enough.  Try as I might, I still can't get away from the fact that I love the edges.  Borders and sides have always been an important part for me, even in paintings and collage-  guess it goes along with my love of 'containment'.  

I also have to get at the gelatin before it turns to rubber.  Can't believe how my days simply evaporate any more...  hope that somewhere along this line that there is a application form to sign for an additional lifetime.  If you find it, let me know.


Later, I just read my horror-scope: Another shot between the eyes!  Glad I read it before going to work.
You might have doubts about your current course of action, but rest assured that there's no clear right or wrong path now. No matter how you proceed, it's going to be a circuitous route and the detours will teach you more of what you need to learn than just zipping along a superhighway. Don't be too quick to judge yourself in a negative light because you'll have a very different perspective in a month or so when you look back at this time.

No comments :