Thursday, April 26, 2012

Franchise Compressor Francium (with frogs)

How true!  Trouble is that I look at other people's successes and see the left side, even though I know for a fact that the right side is the way it happens!  Hard to not think that the other guy somehow had a secret route, isn't it?

Speaking of successes, I got an email yesterday from the Yeiser Gallery wanting to know where to send my check!  A little monetary approval is always welcome, though completely unexpected.  Guess I don't get the 4' long purple ribbon I had anticipated after all.  So I'm trying to decide if I should book my plane for Turkey or if I should go buy the Mini Cooper I need...  (Kidding-  if I can get a partial tank of gas with my new check I'll be super happy!)


Here's a short video of me this week,

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watching the ships roll in  And then 
I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

Just sitting' on the dock of the bay:

Watching ti-iii-ide roll away...
Oooh, I'm just sitting' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time.  

With thanks to Otis Redding

So, I began to wonder if frogs sit on benches all the time and I just hadn't noticed.  And here I go!


 Of course we can't go anywhere without Kermit, here having a conversation with Jim Henson.
 This one is frog AS bench, instead of on a bench.
 Back to frogs ON the bench, pretty hideous frog if you ask me.  Oh.  You didn't?

 And now Frogs UNDER a bench, and yes they are frogs, but they are sort of simplified.

 Kermit, abandoned.

 And yes, there are BLUE frogs,

 And orange spotted frogs, 

 And blue AND orange frogs!
 Love this little black and white frog guy pretending to be a Vermont cow,

 And this one that looks like a bad Fimo project from Craftastrophy.
 Red frogs,
 Designer frogs,
And mutant frogs! 

 (Most of the colorful guys are Poison Dart frogs from Central and South America.  They love it there in the jungles, and have no benches to lounge on.)

And a little bit more:
So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

Sittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
It's two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home

Now, I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

No comments :