Tuesday, September 18, 2012

jawbreak cleric carlin



I shall not refrain from including among these precepts a new device for the imagination which, although it may seem rather trivial and almost ludicrous, is nevertheless extremely useful in arousing the mind to various inventions. And this is, if you look at any walls spotted with stains, or with stones of various patterns, if you have to invent some setting, you may be able to see therein a resemblance to various landscapes, graced with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, great valleys and hills in varied arrangement; or, again, you may see various battles and figures in action; or strange faces and costumes, and an endless variety of things which you can distill into well drawn forms. And what happens with regard to such walls and variegated stones is just as with the sound of bells, in whose jangle you may find any name or word you choose to imagine. Leonardo




I re-visited the magazine cover that I posted yesterday from the 70's, did a bit of research, and was kind of shocked to see that 16 out of the 21 pictured are indeed still alive, and most are still performing well into their 70's. So maybe the question at the top of the page was about the AGE of 70's, not the decade of the 70's! Anyway, more power to 'em. The good thing about drugs I guess is that in proper amounts they sort of pickle your brain so other things don't get you. The question is what might be 'the proper amount', eh?

Yesterday I had some good things happen, a phone call that somebody liked my work, a book arrived from Amazon with two of my pieces in it, and a new shirt I had ordered came and I love it.  Then I opened the envelope from one of the shows I entered and I was
REJECTED.

I'm not going to take the gas pipe or anything, but frankly I was a bit surprised because I've been in this show a bunch of times and had put it into the 'shoo-in' category.  Guess not.  Still have a few entries outstanding, now am working on a 1-1 ratio.  We'll see what's in store now that I've lost my mojo.  Gonna go lick my wounds.
Maybe should get the two dog tongues involved in helping with this.

Cut textile installation from Argentinian artist Manuel Ameztoy.  Is this not Fab-U-Lous?




I am SO over this election festival.  Weeks left to go, and it seems to only de-volve daily.  Frankly I am so discouraged that these two are supposedly the cream of the crop of the entire country.  I blame the election process which should be restricted on time and money spent, and while I'm at it, limited to discussions pertaining to their platforms while eliminating personal attacks.  It's completely out of hand and I am so bummed on how it has divided the country to the point that nothing can move forward under anybody's watch.  SO, I am eliminating people from my fb list who continually post political statements and rants.  I am taking political blogs off my Google Reader.  And I am gonna vote for whoever best adheres to *my* rules from now until the election-  even if it's (oh-god-save-us-all) Roseanne Barr.  (OK, so I wouldn't do that, just another idle threat!)


And now it's SQUIRREL TIME, I've held back for several days and it's bustin' out all over-





Samy has his own stuffed animal family that lives in a stuffed tree stump.  The disclaimer on these videos sy that squirrels are not good pets and in fact illegal in many states.  Sammy has resisted being returned to the wild a couple of times, and who can blame him-  I'd much rather live in a bedroom with stuffed toys too.

No comments :