Tuesday, September 25, 2012

keelboat rective recuse


This is patented, don't copy it.  But you can tell me what it is if you want!

As far as the men who are running for president are concerned, they aren't even people I would date. Nora Ephron 
I had a good day yesterday, was just sittin' around minding my own business and Laurie called-  she is in town for a few days to finish up her move and stopped by.  Well, she didn't want to SAY IT, but the second Twins was on the wall and she said something was bothering her about it.  And she told me-  and she was so right!  Fortunately I have some additional tablecloth left that's the right pattern and this morning I found the section that will 'fix' the big blank white space.  So, a little more work to do on it, but it's pinned and ready to stitch whenever I get to it.  Also, before she got here I finished up the blazer once and for all~
The sleeves are too tight, but maybe no one will notice.  Guess I took the pattern off the good blazer and perhaps didn't add seam allowances?  I don't know what went wrong, but I can wear it as is and I damn well will.  Just as soon as the temperature gets below 85 at night!  If I EVEEEEEERRR do this again, shoot me.  If I would have taken the whole thing apart rather than not wanting to do the collar and working around it perhaps it would have gone more smoothly.  

I'm sitting here on some garment fabric I have been hoarding for the past year or two, guess since I have to start from scratch maybe I will do it right the first time.
There is stuff in here that is fabulous, ready to go-  my next thing-to-do.

 Also, I have used my bathroom wallpaper on the covers for the next book, have the fronts on and glued, will us a pale beige book tape and will scrounge around now to find the end pieces after I glue in the pages.  I was afraid this wallpaper wouldn't work but it folded around the boards like a dream and didn't fray like I anticipated.
I'll pack it up as soon as it's dry enough to pack for class tomorrow.  Wow, these class Wednesdays come around fast.


I very quietly confided to my best friend that I was having an affair.She turned to me and asked, 'Are you having it catered'?   And that, my friend, is the definition of 'OLD'!
(Someone sent this to me, I am not really having an affair but it made me laugh!)


 And I've also been cutting circles for the next book while figuring it out in my head as I cut.  Now my brain is churning to find something to do with the negative spaces!

Next, a gratuitous doggie portrait- they were just looking at first one of us then the other wanting to know what's next:
I answered them:  'nothin'

This squirrel video came from my shiny new daughter-in-law who apparently has picked up on my squirrel-thing.  I wrote back and told her that she should make sure her screens are on-  this little guy got in a second or third story window!  


whew.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

http://www.wapt.com/Report-DUI-suspect-said-he-had-squirrel-eating-him/-/9157628/16719886/-/39gqx8z/-/index.html