Thursday, September 06, 2012

starts about phen


No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. Oscar Wilde


Working in the studio today rearranging the walls to hold my more recent quilts.  I've given up on waiting for someone to spot me on the ladder, so I'm scrambling up and down like I'm 22 again.  No problems.  So far.

TY is back in residence so all systems are back to normal-ish, and I am going out to dinner on a regular basis again, thus happier.  Hit the doc's office today for the annual physical and flu shot and he pronounced me A+, a higher mark than I've gotten in awhile (last year it was a mere A).  Can't ask for more than good health, right?  Oh yeah, a closet full of shoes...  And a tank of gas...  Maybe a tub of crab in the refrigerator to make crab cakes(no, not the good big claw stuff).  I'm a happy camper.

In the GOOD NEWS Department:  I got accepted into a show at the Chandler Center for the Arts in Chandler AZ, 'Art Quilts XVIII- Integrating a Paradox'.  Wahoo!  The list of participants was posted on their site and I'm in good company.  Now the problem is that I seem to have not kept track of what I entered!  Bad me.  Hope they let me know!
UPDATE:  I got the official email this afternoon and it did include the name of my piece that's included.  all systems 'go'!  
Oh.  You want to know?  The red and white twins quilt.  This is it's third acceptance out of three entries so it will be retired and put out to pasture after it comes back from Arizona. 
Parallax Patterns


I'm taking a bookbinding class at the Armory for the next few weeks.  I have loved making books but am self taught so really need a bit of catch-up on the proper way of doing things.  Yesterday was good- we learned three simple forms so I am doing a few today out of some old paste papers I made years ago.  I've been published in several Artists Book books, but I'm not taking them in, don't want any 'critique' on what's already done!  But the next batch I do will at least be put together properly.  Now, I'm adding the worry over pH to my list, everything has to be acid-free.  Oy.  Like a crappy little book SHOULD be around for decades!  I don't think so.  Anyway, that's what I'm up to.  And it's fun re- ruffling through all the papers I've collected for years.  That pile rivals my fabric piles.  I'll let you know how it goes.



No comments :