Sunday, December 01, 2013

ipso hackett kneel




Hell isn't merely paved with good intentions; it's walled and roofed with them.  yes, and furnished too.
Aldous Huxley



Geesh.  I got back yesterday and fell asleep with the dogs in the afternoon and woke up feeling crappy-  I NEVER take naps!  It was all I could do to sit up to take the guys for their last pee trip of the evening at 8, early, but I thought I would take them out in the middle of the night when they woke up.  Who knows what they slipped in my water but I slept straight through 10 hours, both guys out cold next to me.  Guess maybe I was a little sleep deprived!  Doggies are happy as can be to be home, they won't let me out of their sight.  I've left Molly's lampshade off and she doesn't seem to be eating her leg any more so the new antibiotics must be working.  She goes in for a third glucose cure tomorrow and we hope that they find her insulin levels are good.  Cross your fingers, I can't keep up with these weekly vet bills!

Because it rained most of the day I spent tie in the closet throwing stuff into a Goodwill bag, an that ended up to be TWO Goodwill bags,  i could have easily done another one but decided to hold off to see how this newer trimmer closet works out.  I sot of ell off the wagon of anything added to the closet needs something equal to leave.  And I had ordered a couple of things that arrived while I was gone.  Overdue tossing!  I'll never equal Kay but I can try.  I need to do this in the studio too.  Another day, another rant!



o


Romania-based photographer Dan Cretu creates all sorts of fun everday objects like cameras, radios, and bicyles using cut fruit and vegetables. Cretu says the pieces aren’t digitally altered and that due to the organic nature of the medium, each piece has to be constructed and photographed in less than four hours. You can see much more over on Tumblr, and just launched an Etsy shop where you can get prints of his work.




I found a few more mirrored sculptures and thought you might be as intrigued as I am with them!


Alison Schotz, mirrored fences at Storm King


Jeppe Hein, mirrored sculpture installations



And HERE is a destination if ever there was one!  Indeed, Greetings from Interstate 95.  

And I'm off to a Special Olympics fundraiser, see you tomorrow.

No comments :