Wednesday, April 16, 2014

global ligand paramount



People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.    Abraham Lincoln

  • *
  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Be careful to take risks. 
    Time is genetic. Today is the child of yesterday and the parent of tomorrow. The work you produce today will create your future.

  • *
What a day.  It's 3 AM and I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (OK, so also a bit squirrely) because I glugged down a cup of cold coffee late they afternoon and also had some suspect tea at dinner.  Fell asleep for 2 hours and whammo, up and at 'em again.  I'll pay in the morning.  I HAD to go to the stitch group this morning to show off the vest they have been watching me make all these weeks
Terribly unflattering selfie, I'll never get the hang of it but now at least you have the idea-  lacework panels flopping down the front, stockinette around the arm holes and back, joined by a seam up center back-  simple.  Well, it may be for some folks, but remember I can't count to twelve once and get it right, counting to twelve eleven times for every row just about strained my head muscles into a coma.  But it's done.  Whew.  Now what?  Yesterday and this morning I made a new hat for Mister (I heard it snowed in Boston again today)  At Stitch this morning a friend told me about her little piece of plastic to make pompom balls for the top, so she brought it over and I had three different trials in about 5 minutes.  Now I have to go buy one of course.  So, that's it for knitting news-  here is the little guy it's for-
See way I made him a new one?  He also needs some socks!
And Equal Time means I need to send along this picture too of the other kiddos-
who apparently need more than hats these days!  I stopped in the junk candy store and found a gummy alligator I'm sending them that's 2' long-  yes I said FEET.  I don't know how they'll get their little mouths around it.


NewNews
Yeah, it's Good News, All Systems GO, Full Steam Ahead.  Met in person with the architect today and solved the language problem by drawing things at each other so I think we have fixed our major communications breakdown and we have a plan that doesn't include a 4 car garage bigger than the living space.  The bathroom plan has been hammered out and looks great, I am still thinking about the kitchen as the footage has turned out smaller than I anticipated, but I also got a little office of my own tucked away on a sunny courtyard.  Much to do, but it's getting there.  That took hours.  

We went out to dinner and stopped at Whole Foods so I could make a batch of granola for the kids this weekend.  Then it was OK to go to bed, and of course that circles us around to where I started.


So I'm going to get to the arty party and get back to bed, hopefully.



FASCINATING!  In North America, Europe and many other parts of the world, bee populations have plummeted 30-50% due to colony collapse disorder, a fact not lost on artist Aganetha Dyck who for years has been working with the industrious insects to create delicate sculptures using porcelain figurines, shoes, sports equipment, and other objects left in specially designed apiaries. As the weeks and months pass the ordinary objects are slowly transformed with the bees’ wax honeycomb. It’s almost impossible to look at final pieces without smiling in wonder, imagining the unwitting bees toiling away on a piece of art. And yet it’s our own ignorance of humanity’s connection to bees and nature that Dyck calls into question, two completely different life forms whose fate is inextricably intertwined.





Black sharpie Mural:  After 7 long months of obsessively scribbling away on a large wall, artist Sean Sullivan “threw in the towel,” in part because he had exceeded his allotted time period by 4 months! The resulting mural was “Grand Pale Maw,” an expansive wall drawing that encompassed the entire rear corridor space of LACE in LA. 

PFFFFFFFT!  Bunnies do not lay eggs, much less deliver them.
Grandmas deliver them, stoopid.


signing off, 4 AM


No comments :