Thursday, April 24, 2014

stiff ticket camper

(thanks to MaryBeth and her Haiku Habit)


Seeing the art made my heart sing.   Judy Morningstar


*
Incomplete Manifesto, Bruce Mau
Make your own tools. 
Hybridize your tools in order to build unique things. Even simple tools that are your own can yield entirely new avenues of exploration. Remember, tools amplify our capacities, so even a small tool can make a big difference.
*

I finally got my car back today.  I t was all washed and interior cleaned but while in the lot after I got there they discovered bird poop so had to take it back through the machine.  I would have never known!  I recede home with the AC on high and nearly froze-  guess all is working the way it should, and it is still under warrantee so all this service was free.  Ya gotta love it.

I spent a few hours in the studio winding some yarn and making a project for myself to finish the hexagon afghan.  I have about 20 skeins to wind before I can have the full complement of all the Koigu I have on hand-  and I took the little balls off maybe 40 different yarns that had already been wound.  I'll work on some of them tomorrow-  I want to get a little box ready with all the yarns I want to use so I don't have to go back to winding all the time.  It's a perfect hand project for waiting in doctor's offices, or taking planes, or just sitting in front of the tv.  

In the house department, we got a revised plan today and all looks good except for a few changes we made on the plan over the weekend.  Fortunately it won't change much 
on the completed plan but will give TY a room to lock himself in with his remote-  we have already agreed it will be soundproof.  Hallelujah.  I can't wait for my future without crashing and screeching and yelling in every show he watches.  I hate noise.



As part of her MA work at the Design Academy Eindhoven, artist and graphic designer Echo Yang created a series titled Autonomous Machines where common analog devices like tin windup toys, a Walkman, an alarm clock and other machines where connected to writing and painting instruments. As each machine was set loose on a canvas its specialized motions were translated into brush strokes, paint blobs, and pencil marks resulting in self-generated artworks somewhat reminiscent of spirographs. )




Vietnam-based family business ‘Su Ami’ creates these cute crocheted animals, most of them measuring only ¼ of an inch! With the help of five master craftsmen, the family business has produced a collection of itty bitty creatures, which include dog breeds, sea creatures, apes, birds, and even fictional characters like Winnie the Pooh and Hobbes.
Yup, I'm bookending Mary Beth's contributions to this blog today!  Here we have a gnome AND a squirrel-  I don't know what the gnome is looking for an the squirrel seems somewhat surprised- I guess we are supposed to make up our own story.

And that's just fine, I do it every day!
Off to the Four Seasons for dinner tonight.  We're meeting friends from home with their twin four year olds.  I don't quite know what to expect!  Well, I do, but I'm hoping these 4 year olds are different than MY four year old.  Lettuce Prey.




in the crosshairs today,

1 comment :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

Wow - I am deeply honored today to be your bookmarks! I get to start excavating freezer paper from appliqued things tonight so I think that counts as doing my work for the moment!