Saturday, July 12, 2014

nash lena knowhow



“I do not think that obsession is funny 
or that not being able to stop one’s intensity is funny.”
~ Jim Dine, 16 June 1935



  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  • (only one more to go after this!)
  •  
  • Listen carefully. 
    Every collaborator who enters our orbit brings with him or her a world more strange and complex than any we could ever hope to imagine. By listening to the details and the subtlety of their needs, desires, or ambitions, we fold their world onto our own. Neither party will ever be the same.


    I finally got to checking the inter webs late this afternoon, after a siege on Bloomingdales, and this urgent message was waiting for me.  Read carefully, it's quite hysterical, and I am next gonna help them make a new database for the 'company'- and that would be Apple.  I don't think so...  But it suer has comic value- one would think they would know sufficient English to send out these crazy requests for MY information.  I did get a good one from Bank of America the other day, good English, perfect logo, telling me my account was being accessed by many other computers and I really need to CLICK THEIR LINK AND CHANGE MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS.  Well, OK then, what am I lately, an elderly idiot?
**********************************clip clip


Dear Customer
Please note that the  process of updating customer data has therefore account will be suspended from any client did not provide us with full information of the account
In order to make a new database for the company and maintain the safety of our customers more.
Please login to your from the link below and update all the data within 48 hours

Wondering why you got this email?
The sending of this email applies when the expiration date of your account expires.

*********************
I stopped into Sephora at the Maul a bit ago looking for a refill for one of my favorite products, the elixir of beauty...   One of their technicians got ahold of me and started pitty-patting stuff on my face before I knew what hit me.  But I'm telling ya, I looked in the mirror and she had performed wonders.  Luckily I am going out tonight so somebody might see me if it lasts that long.  And yup, I was a sucker and bought it-  three small vials of stuff that would feed every rabbit in captivity this month.  But damn, it's great stuff  (so far).  


This town has me smitten, and I am not even a fan of blue!



More of Chefchaouen the surreal town in Morocco’s Rif Mountains that I posted about the other day. Set against the arid landscape, vast palettes of blue and white adorning the town’s old Spanish and Moorish architecture make it stand out like a sore thumb.According to historians, the town got its blue tradition by way of Jewish refugees in the 1930s. It’s said that the Jews consider the color blue to symbolize the sky and heaven. Others believe that the shade of blue help repel mosquitoes, who mistake the blue walls as moving water.







Argentinian artist Agustina Woodgate creates these colorful and complex rugs made out of the skins that once belonged to a few hundred abandoned stuffed animals. Originally inspired by Eastern Culture’s symbolic use of rugs [as they often depict the spiritual and mental world in woven form], Agustina was looking to ultimately deliver an alternative memory object that displays and references personal histories.  Woodgate was recently awarded the Florida Prize in Contemporary Art. The $20,000 prize was accepted by Woodgate last Friday at the Orlando Museum of Art, which established the award this year. “She was chosen based on the quality and significance of her overall body of work and contributions to the field of contemporary art”, said museum curator Hansen Mulford.


and you can drink (something) to that!


over and out-

No comments :