Saturday, August 30, 2014

circulatory proclaim wife



"So cheat your landlord if you must, but do not try to short-change the muse.
 It cannot be done. You can't fake quality." (William S. Burroughs)


Oh lordy-  I am feeling so Uncreative these days.  Frustrated at everything I try to get done, and scared to get back to the studio for fear this ennui will remain with me.  I've been away too long.  I've been packing with TY in mind-  he likes to travel with an empty trunk but I (unfortunately) got here with 2 months worth of clothes that didn't have a TSA inspection, plus for 'entertainment' I have scoured the closets here and at TJMaxx for treats-  not to mention the new 30# bag of dog food and their own suitcase of old chewed toys and extra poop bags and bottled water and food dishes-  no sense leaving any of it here because they aren't coming back.  I guess maybe I am treating my own stuff that way too, now that I think about it!

With great expectations of all the fabulous dinner parties I will be giving in my new kitchen, (!), I keep buying new dishtowels and napkins-  sort of a fetish thing now that I think about it.  And a huge bag of cookbooks I can't even lift.  I never use cookbooks any more, don't know why I am suddenly gonna need my formerly-favorite Time Life book I bought before I got married 40+ years ago.  I did leaf through it and wowie, things have changed as far as what's being eaten in THIS life, probably yours too.

TY took his car in for servicing last night to get it ready.  We have plans to go out every night before we leave so the refrigerator is emptying bit by bit.  And I've been making all my appointments to get caught up when I get back-  the usual stem-to-stern checks.  I always make the appointments around my birthday so I don't forget any of my parts that need attention- though as I get older I seem to have more parts somehow.

On the computer front-  I took back the worthless cable and continued migrating from the old to the new over our home network-  the initial estimate was it would take 31 hours (yeah, that's not a typo).  So I started it, let it run all night and into the afternoon and the lat time I checked I had 8 hours and 57 minute to go... and it stopped.  I could not get it started again to save my soul so I folded it all up and put the new one in my suitcase and will deal with it when I get back.  The woman at the Apple store lowered her voice and said if she had waited on me she would have sold me the cables and told me to return them the next day!  Bless her heart, and not in that Southern way!  

So, my friends, I am cleaning out the file of stuff I want you to see today-  hope there is something in here for your entertainment-  the theme is cardboard, obviously driven by the boxes I have piled up here!







One look at the art of Chris Gilmour astounds as normal cardboard is shaped into life-sized replications of everyday objects.







If you want to create detailed and imaginative flying machine sculptures that look like they’re about to take flight, cardboard is hardly the material to use. Unless of course you’re artist Daniel Agdag , who has been toiling away creating a series of new works each more detailed and fascinating than the next. “The Principles of Aerodynamics” is Agdag’s first solo exhibition where his series of cardboard contraptions that portray his “ongoing pursuit of escape through the metaphor of flight” will be on display through Aug 31, 2014.


(ground) squirrel PDA

No comments :