Friday, September 12, 2014

consonantal declarative classmate

Wrote out a check again yesterday for a charity that wanted a piece of art for an auction-  I picked a number that will help them, and I won't have to suffer the pain of seeing a piece maybe going for cents on the dollar!  I never donate my work, and politely (with teeth clenched) decline.  


When you're experimenting you have to try so many things before you choose what you want, and you may go days getting nothing but exhaustion. (Fred Astaire)


'SOMEBODY' signed me up for 'Catster' email newsletters.  Funny haha.

My whole sewing group thinks it hysterical.  This will get even...




Don't say I never did anything-  I got the shawl blocked and ready for either giving away or wearing, depending on who is nice to me.  It is really more of a neck piece than shawl, it winds around like a bandana to wear (think old cowboy movies where they pull up the front to cover their face before they rob the stagecoach).  This was quite fun to make, I loved short rows, the asymmetrical knitting, and all those slipped stitches with the pretty picot edge.  Trouble is I'm too scared to rob a bank.







Knitted glass! How does she do that? Carol Milne is best known for Knitted Glass, a technique she invented in 2006. Knitted glass incorporates the techniques of knitting, lost-wax casting, mold-making, and kiln-casting. 






Would you like some crochet fries with that? UK based artist Kate Jenkins creates some of the most innovative knitted art we’ve seen… and all with a humorous (if not tasty) twist. Just look at the fish platter she’s created above: although its made of yarn and sequins, it looks good enough to eat and has a 3D structure often difficult to realize with the soft medium.


I love how this little guy is wrapped in a knitted...something...and the whole post comes full knitted circle!



No comments :