Saturday, October 04, 2014

veridic wont x



"If I plagiarize, it's because I like someone's idea better than mine 
and I want credit for it." (Anna Chin-Williams)


Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow, got my boarding pass actually working in the phone today so getting on and going through security will be easy.  At least until they see my shoes.  Anyway, in the afternoon I am going to the fiber show at the ICA so that will make it worth the trip.

Anyway, I still have much to do to get out of here at 5:30 in the morning!  We have another showing of the house on Monday and I know TY won't remember to stash the dog food bag in the dryer...  and actually make the bed, not just pull up the duvet and throw on random pillows.  And stack his newspapers.  



So, instead of worrying about this stuff, I have some fall leaves to show you.  Going up to Boston will be a bit late for the peak leaves, but I've found some here for us:



Australian artist Meredith Woolnough creates elaborate embroideries that mimic delicate forms of nature like leaves and coral. “I have been collecting skeletonized leaves for as long as I can remember,” says the artist, whose “traceries” capture the beauty and fragility of nature. Woolnough uses a special embroidery technique that involves a domestic sewing machine and a base cloth that dissolves in water after the piece is complete leaving just the skeleton. In a way, her process also mimics the natural process of leaves dying and drying up which, in turn, become the subject of her work.








Artist Omid Asadi has been transforming fallen leaves using just a craft knife and a needle – and in the process, giving them a new art filled life. A hole here, a slice there, and fantastic silhouettes appear out of the fragile brown shapes. Asadi has been cutting away at a wide range of subjects – everything from celebrity portraits, to artwork inspired by a friend’s tattoo, and wild animals. In most cases, his works smartly play off the natural shape of the leaf they embellish.


Sure looks like this little guy is eating chocolate pudding!  I'm so jealous.



No comments :