Wednesday, February 04, 2015

dill earnest cinderella





“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Finally the list of the 'Southern Accent' show artists is out.  And *I* am on it! I am so pleased-  the 'Dead Ladies Doilies' is in it and I am relieved-  not the kind of thing that is jumped on unless you spend some time with it!  And a bonus is that they requested another piece so I put Tide Pools

Today I will forego the house picture-  all that was done yesterday was to put big red X's where we want out tv.  The electricians were there on tall ladders installing wires everywhere, sure hope they know where things are going because I lost track after the second room.  Today I have to try to get in to change the plumbing order a bit, seems the plumbers need to install the FLANGES which sounds mysterious and technical since I am only familiar with the stuff above the ground or inside the walls.  

Also dealing with Molly's torn ear from a dust-up at the illegal dog park last night-  blood everywhere not discovered until we got her in the car to come home and her ear was pink-  investigated to a big gash on the inside. So she is under supervision today along with Pepper who is still wearing the cone of shame because he is worrying his leg wound whenever I free him from the cone.  Triage here.  Whoever needs me the most.

Also we are sitting here checking flight tracker for a friend due in from Boston.  Of course TY didn't bother to get a flight number and JetBlue has canceled and delayed most flights so far today.  There is one that arrives two hours late that did get off the ground so we're hoping that's him.  And this all means I must get my sorry self to the grocery store to bring in provisions for 'just in case' he doesn't want to go out.

Today we are in for some hard stuff, artists who deal with found items to assemble into art.  First, it's nails!




Sculptor John Bisbee has been working exclusively with nails for the last 30 years. He finds seemingly endless ways to bend, weld, hammer and manipulate the nails into large, striking, elegant sculptures. His installations include large wall murals of geometric patterns, three dimensional flower shapes, robust seed pods, intricate star bursts, and delicately twisted spirals. Most of his forms are based off ideas of flora or fauna, on either a magnified or minute scale. He proves that even an industrial material can be coerced into something graceful, and even flimsy.


And next we have some pretty dressed-up rocks!  Beautiful...





 Del Webber is a super talented artist who resides near Seattle. The son of a weaver, Del learned various weaving techniques from his mother and has continued to evolve as an artist over the past 30 years. Del Webber has been exposed to and influenced by numerous ethnic forms of weaving since an early age. He was born in 1951 and spent his childhood in Northern Africa, Spain, and throughout the United States.

And finally, a picture I have been hoarding for a special occasion, a gift from a reader:

It would be kinda hard to sip your tea with this guy's head peeking over your brow.  It does look like she is trying to get her hair to match the hat though, doesn't it?  So bunnies, I am off to solve some house problems, cook some more meals and get ready for an open house tomorrow.  And find time for a shower...   

(I do miss blogging more, hope things settle down soon and I can get back on schedule-  thanks for hanging in with me.)


1 comment :

Dianne SP Cermak said...

Congratulations on getting into the Southen Art show! Also, I thought the nail work photos you posted were gorgeous.! The woven-around stone work: I will have to think about more. I am a great fan of stones, but never considered decorating them at all. I cringed at the first few of the stone shots, but then grew more interested. I'll bet it isn't easy to do the weavings that are snugged up against the stone like a skin.