Saturday, April 11, 2015

hobo involuntary dec



‘I think simplicity is the most powerful form’  Nick Cave



So I hear it's SIBLING DAY!  Since I no longer have a sibling, I'll use the duo I produced back in the day.  Actually my daughter sent this to me yesterday and I had forgotten the picture because I don't have any family pictures anymore that I haven't scanned.  And this was a favorite!  Cute, no?  Circa 1979 or 80, gotta love the boots.

I've been experiencing a little 'alone time' these last few days, ending this afternoon.  So I am cleaning the refrigerator and tossing old mail to get ready for the next piles o' paper coming.  I don't think I left the house yesterday except for the required dog walks and my Trivia game last night, but I got some work done around here and some plans written down for where colors will go in the BFH, which, BTW, is now painted on the outside-  I think it needs another coat and the trim isn't done yet but it is looking more like a house now than a parking garage. 
Yesterday I dropped over in the late afternoon and there were no trucks there so I went wandering on in and was greeted by the loudest salsa music you could imagine.  Traced it down to a boombox (yeah, I know...) on the living room windowsill where it was entertaining a whole slew of Mexicans wearing tall stilts who came swarming out of various nooks and crannies when I started screaming 'HI, HI, ANYBODY HERE???!!!'.  (This was almost reminiscent of the ant swarm  from under my refrigerator in the studio, but they weren't wearing stilts but I could be remembering it wrong as I went screaming for the vacuum!).  The guys were very nice from their high vantage points and they're just finishing up the taping of the wallboard and getting it ready for paint for me.  I wish I had known they were there because I would have made more cookies for them-  but would have had to climb a ladder for them to reach!  




The Brazilian designer Carlos Monteiro has developed SURREALISTa, a free computer game tribute to the Italian artist that simulates it in three dimensions. The goal is to find the secret gateways from one level to the next (there are five), each just a bit more eerie than the one preceding it.  With their long shadows and lonely colonnades, Giorgio de Chirico’s paintings possess a strange allure. Here’s what it would be like to wander through them.
As the artist himself once wrote: “To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.”







Meredith Woolnough is an extraordinary artist who lives and works in Newcastle, Australia. Her elegant works are made with embroidery thread, knotted in order to capture the beauty and fragility of nature. Her patient work explores the sculptural possibilities of a particular technique, based on the use of a sewing machine over a fabric that dissolves in water. The beautiful, intricate and dense structures obtained by Meredith create wonderful textures and surfaces, which are then suspended in space or fixed on panels. 

Meredith's work has received numerous awards and is found in many private and corporate collections throughout the world. 


Don't know if I used this squirrel photo or not, from last summer when Molly rediscovered her squirrels in MA after about 5 years of not being there.  This one got well chewed all over again, but no matter how hard she tried, there wasn't a squeaker to remove any more.








and her merry band of canine companions

No comments :