Monday, May 25, 2015

citric seamy belittle

 "Drawing is still the bottom line."  Robert Genn 


Another 'gift' squirrel from a friend, and an excellent listener. Thanks!


Another day spent getting my next round of entries ready.  More screw eyes and wire and cut and sore hands but now the next two sets are ready to go out and I'm still waiting for results of the third entries-  I'm not sure when notifications go out but the pieces are all ready to roll-- literally-- IF the fat envelope arrives.    I'd really like to get into this one, so cross your fingers for me if you're so inclined.  A trifecta?  Actually no, it would be my fourth show out there all at the same time.  

I started a quick X (formerly known as a cross quilt but you all know how I don't like graven images!) quilt yesterday to use up blacks and whites and hopefully get a new bed quilt if I can cut up all my solid-ish blacks.  I counted the blocks I have cut so far and think I'm well on my way plus I have a couple of yards of some great black alligator skin print for the borders.  I may use some B&W prints for the X bars at some point but will get a bunch of blocks sewn and ready to pin up before I decide to add prints.  I am so long on B&W fabrics!  But it feels good cutting and planning again and will give me something constructive to do this summer as my studio shrinks down to practically no room with all the stuff I am acquiring and stowing until the house is done.  Tomorrow we have a delivery of a tv stand, I have no idea where it will fit.  Sure wish it had a tv with it!  

The house is in a holding pattern while they finish a temp electric line in to start the AC.  Then they put in all the wood to acclimate for a couple of weeks.  So I am settling in to not bothering to visit every day.  Bummer.

Got some art for you, street art not on streets-first a muralist in Ireland:
Artist Joe Caslin completed a 45-foot-tall mural on the side of a remote Irish castle. The work, which depicts two women in embrace, was created to mark Ireland’s same-sex marriage referendum.



and next a kid on a surfboard:



Riding atop a paddle board, artist Sean Yoro (aka Hula), paints murals while floating on the waves, placing his works just above sea level. The murals, all portraits of women, have a hyperrealistic quality that appear as if each is existing just above the tide. Due to the works’ position above the water they reflect perfectly into the waves, the image extending out far from the painted surface.
The NYC-based artist paddles out to paint the murals, balancing his acrylic paint on his board all the while. Hula grew up on the island of Oahu, where he spent most of his days in the ocean. Although he grew up dabbling in graffiti, watercolor, and tattoo art, he didn’t take his work seriously until he began to paint the the human body when he was 21.



No comments :