Saturday, June 20, 2015

dastard posner answer

 "No mode of creation is more direct or naturally arrived at than the accumulation of materials found close at hand." (William Seitz)



A day in the life of a lucky squirrel.




As of today when I left the studio.   MB named this for me, 'The Big Slasher'.  Fits too well, but to all of you, nah nah nah nahnah-  it's STILL SQUARE, 
bless my heart...
 I did other stuff today too, emptied trash bags and took stuff to the dumpster, bought some new shoes at a real store, not TJ's because I had a couple of credits about to expire and everything was on sale AND everything on sale was 30% off of that-  so I scored big. 

Also, I discovered my resume hasn't been added to in FOUR years so I was trying to gather a list of what was missing, got involved in trying to fix the formatting (done three computers ago!), and grabbed the quick pix above.  You can see how the studio is encroaching on any work, I am tripping over everything these days.  I have the top section to slash yet, but the strips are in place.  Maybe tomorrow I will finish this round.  Next I have two more rows to add all round and then a few more slashes through the whole thing, aiming to add things to the empty areas AND get something interesting going on around the outside edge.  the problem is that I am out of wall room, and one more row will mean I won't see this whole again until it's finished.  
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Also I layered the rusted piece and have it ready to draw on with the machine but I will wait until I have no time commitment or twenty other things I must be doing.  And that will happen at the end of next week.  My life will be my own again for a few weeks.


Art time-  and I admit I am stretching things pretty far today:




It may be hard to believe, but these colorful creations of Jason Hackenwerth‘s are made from hundreds of balloons. He twists and sculpts latex balloons around each other to resemble different kinds of organic and biological forms. Hackenwerth creates all sorts of creepy shapes and forms that look like you are seeing something in a scientist’s laboratory magnified. Super colorful amoeba, cells, or rhizopods hang from the ceiling. Bacteria-shaped sculptures are grouped together, sprouting weird sorts of growths in every direction.


Pretty cool, eh?  And guess what, there are MORE, but now they are small:




Japanese balloon twister Masayoshi Matsumoto makes some of the most intricate balloon sculptures I’ve ever encountered. From prickly iguanas to glowing sea creatures it seems no life form is too difficult for Matsumoto to faithfully interpret using nothing but balloons. You can follow more of his work on Tumblr and on FB.





No comments :