Sunday, June 14, 2015

kahn syracuse pinhole

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” 





I'm not fit for human companionship today- you may want to skip this paragraph.  The white dog was sick last night and I took her out at 1:30 and then again she was scratching the bed at 3.  After two outings in the dead of night I finally got back to sleep only to hear her pawing the bed to go out again at 4:30.  I screamed at her to go lie down (bad me...) and she did.  Until TY let out a yell as he stepped in a pile of poop at 5.  She apparently couldn't wait so did it all, and yes, even threw up two piles of yuck all over the bedroom AND the bathroom.  Poor doggie, but poor me too.  Doesn't bode well for the day, does it?  Oh well, no where else to go but up.

And to call the carpet cleaner first thing Monday.


Need a mental health day?  Meet your peers:
Imbecility    

Organic Dementia



I'll make up for it with some art, especially after the 
crocheted cowgirl outfit last night.

Combining drawing and embroidery





 Knitted garment on wood


 Beautiful botanical drawing with graphite and a little glass with all the removed colors

More color additions with embroidery in old books

Peruvian artist Ana Teresa Barboza - today I came across her series titled “Weaving the Moment”. I have a major weakness for work that blurs the line between fine art and craft, and this is a perfect example of that blurry line! I love how she combines her excellent drawn images with color isolations, how the thread she draws with continues off the paper to either lead to the cone or dangle off the other side.  I have loved this woman's work for so long and return again and again to see what she is doing!






No comments :