Tuesday, July 07, 2015

farrell bowdoin adulate

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment 
before starting to improve the world. -- Anne Frank



Another one of the Craftsy knit squirrels, I think that's the end now


Started out on a walk yesterday morning with the Walking Nazi-  the sky kept getting blacker and blacker and we decided to walk just back and forth between ou houses 'just in case'  We get near my place and I started feeling drops, and we just made it into the house before all hell broke loose:

On the nightly weather reports they also give lightening strikes within the storm range-  it hits in the multi-hundreds in every storm, very scary to realize that! The video is just a wee taste.

Because the thunder was so overwhelming for so long, I stuffed Molly into her Thundershirt.  She immediately calmed down and slept all morning in her cozy jacket.  I went out in the afternoon and decided to leave her in it in case kids started lighting fireworks nearby.  When I got home she was fine but I left it on her until later when the rockets started flying all around us.  She slept stretched out on the couch, never flinched even when I would swear the fireworks were in our courtyard!   Thundershirt is an amazing thing if you have a scared or anxious dog.  They should pay me for all the endorsements I've given.



I've been having good luck scouring the inter webs for stuff I like, and with a perfect excuse to grab what I like.  Etsy sends me 'suggestions' now since I seem to spend so much time with them.  But lookee what I found the other day-  succulent pillows!  I ordered them all as fast as my fat fingers could negotiate the keyboard.  These will go on my new outdoor furniture.  I think the artist has them printed at Spoonflower.
They're on their way!

IN the afternoon I was able to do some more stitching on the rusty piece, it doesn't look like much yet, but I think I have most of the outlining done-  now to start filling in!
I can't tell you how excited I am to draw with the machine, I've never been able to do it before and a whole new world has opened up.  I know this one won't amount to anything for the world, but I am getting lots of practice for the next one.


Today we're doing FOOD:


According to bread baker Lee Wen-fa, children usually choose food items that are colder and sweeter – like watermelons – over bread during the long, hot summer months. So they created a treat that will whet the appetites of these kids and keep them coming back.
The bread is made using a combination of dyes, including charcoal for the seeds, strawberries for the flesh, and green tea for the rind. It’s then baked and either sold in loaves (which look similar to the square watermelons of Japan) or in single slices.







Artist and filmmaker Philip Haas has taken 16th century paintings and brought them into modern day in the form of larger than life sculptures. Haas has created four busts of the paintings titled The Four Seasons by Renaissance painter Giuseppe Arcimboldo. The original paintings portray four busts cleverly formed from fruits, vegetables, and flora that represent each of the four seasons. 







No comments :