Saturday, August 01, 2015

eightfold plantation fresno

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. 
I think only about how to solve the problem. 
But when I've finished, if the solution isn't beautiful, I know it's wrong. Buckminster Fuller




Acorn Sniffin'


Exciting afternoon here with winds at 60 mph and lots of lightening.  The dogs are plastered against me and sleeping off their very busy stay at the kennel.  I really haven't been able to do much but go through the mail and keeping a leg on the white dog who's shaking in her shoes over the storm.  I didn't get her Thundershirt on her in time.  Bad mom.

I was hoping to get to the studio today but time didn't allow it.  I was headed for a later daylight visit to the house but it's been dark all day, knew it wouldn't look any different.  The weather forecast is the same every day for the next week I think-  rain rain rain with lots of associated thunder and lightening.  But I do have to go to the studio tomorrow because I'm accepting another delivery there of a filing cabinet and desk that didn't come when expected.  So, for once I am hoping that the delivery is towards the end of the window.
Yup, you're looking at goats in trees.  Don't ask.


The yarn bombing trend has sent all sorts of knitters into frenzies of covering things, using yarn in odd ways like this full kitchen:
A stove and pot

Floor and chair

Countertop with egg beater

Sink and cupboards

Yup, a refrigerator

Wall samplers and ducks

And a chicken for dinner!



From knitted food to balloon animals!







Bizarre and surreal animal manipulations are artist Sarah Deremer’s specialty. In her series titled Balloon Zoo, she transforms colorful balloon animals into the real life animals they represent. At first glance, you may think that the balloons have been painted to look hyper real. However, once you see the animal eye looking back at you, it is unmistakable that something is different about these balloon animals. Each creature is still in the shape of a balloon animal, but appears to have characteristics and features of its living counterpart. Their bright colors and fun shapes contrast against the visible textures of fur, shell, and skin. Both cute and a little odd, her quirky critters will have you staring, trying to decipher what is real and what is not.



No comments :