Monday, September 21, 2015

bumblebee aeneid transport

..... Art tends towards balance, order, judgement of relative values, the laws of growth, the economy of living -- very good things for anyone to be interested in. -- Robert Henri


Tiny Flying Squirrel with tinier hat


Still showing the house once in awhile, so I just got into the cupboards where I don't go very often and wiped up some 'evidence of night visitors'.  Don't know if I have a mouse or those 6 legged armored Palmetto bugs-  I haven't seen one inside for a long time.  But I DID find a skeletonized tiny lizard.  He apparently got in and discovered we don't have lizard food lying around and starved to death waiting for an open door.  I dunno.  Bet I will find lots of skeletons when I get the junk moved out.  Better notify CSI because there may be some missing humans tucked away somewhere.  
I hate that we have to show it when things are so upside down, sure isn't impressive to look beyond stacks of boxes.  Things have been VERY slow over the summer and now that people are coming back, we are hoping to sell pretty soon!  I don't want two houses.  I'm tired.

I finished 2/3s of the basting today on the Big Slasher.  I'm not happy with it-  think needs more slashes but now that it's basted I am also out of steam so perhaps I will just add some more bars and appliqué them to the top.  Not ideal, but a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do.  I also got an insert printed for the new shell frame and a birthday letter out to an old pal.

And tonight I'm making shrimp and grits so the whole place smells of garlic.  I just did my taste-test and it's pretty much cooked down to mellow but still the house stinks.  At least it's not cabbage.



Okey Dokey, time for some art!  My missing file has reappeared and there is another video about this work-  hope you like it as much as I do!  Meet Beth Cavener~










Artist Beth Cavener explores the extremes of human emotion and psychology through the articulated forms of animals. The twisting shapes of oversized predatory cats, foxes, goats, and other animals are meant to depict the internal and external human struggles of fear, anger, love. “On the surface, these figures are simply feral and domestic individuals suspended in a moment of tension,” Cavener shares, “[but] beneath the surface, they embody the consequences of human fear, apathy, aggression, and misunderstanding.”



"...I will not look neatly put together, I will not enjoy my sewing... " 
Ahhhh, so that's the problem

No comments :