Tuesday, October 13, 2015

eradicate blaspheme tachometer

“The trick to being truly creative… is to be completely unselfconscious. To resist the urge to self-censor. To not-give-a-shit what anybody thinks. That’s why children are so good at it. And why people with Volkswagens, and mortgages, Personal Equity Plans and matching Louis Vuitton luggage are not.” (Linds Redding)


A squirrel guarding your rings while you use antibacterial soaps 
and interfere with your natural immunity.


Sittin' here toothless in Florida (OK, so it's only one and it's a crown, not a real tooth)-  sure doesn't make me feel like doing anything except making pudding!  I have a full day tomorrow but I promise to call the dentist and set up something for the next day if he can see me then.  TY is in Dallas watching some football game-  i am supposed to be watching for him to be caught on the roving camera but I have no patience for that because then I have to watch the game!  Oh I remember-  Dallas is playing the Patriots and it's supposed to be 93 degrees.  Glad I am not there.  He just sent me a text with a picture of the bunch of them jumping around on the field after it ended.  He didn't tell me who won, probably assumes I sat her by myself watching the screen looking for him, guess I should find out to be nice...

So today I am throwing stuff away from the cupboards and closets-  the 'donate' pile is massive, the 'toss' pile is smaller, but impressive.  So much stuff has piled up after being here 20+ years, things too good to get rid of but that I don't want or cannot use any more- like sets of queen sized sheets when I don't have queen sized bed.  I'm trying to be careful and hold back on things I may have to furnish this place with if we have to rent it.  NOT what I want to do.  But we'll see.  I may have to leave furniture in here to even show it, and that will be a problem!  

After the last sale up in Boston of our condo, I will NOT be staging this place.  My RE woman brought in a 'stager' who absolutely destroyed the condo and demanded I buy all these artificial plants to 'pop' here and there.  I DO NOT DO artificial plants and we had a bit of a tiff.  She ripped art off the walls and carried it around looking for different places to put it.  She pulled stuff out of closets and took all the pillows and throws and things on the tables and put them in new places.  She scanned the book shelves and grabbed a red covered book to 'pop' on the table-  the name of it was 'Red' and it was just pictures of red stuff someone had given me.  Stupid book.  Too small, and the candles she put everywhere were just wrong.  As soon as she left I put everything back where it belonged, took down only the more personal pictures and removed all the tabletop clutter.  She absolutely demanded we paint the gorgeous red wall in my kitchen/dining area.  And the black study drove her nuts-  I refused to paint it because it was fabulous and we had only painted it a few months before.  The condo sold immediately, the weekend we put it on the market, with  multiple offers all well over our asking price.  So, boo-hissss to staging.  Yes to clearing the decks and removing personal stuff.  

Got a couple of things to show you today you may like






 Tim Noble and Sue Webster are a creative duo who assemble trash heaps that project shadows of recognizable—and often grotesque—forms: lumps of scrap metal cast the shapes of fornicating rats, and elsewhere shattered wood pieces align into a bickering couple. As a critique of human consumption and waste, their work falls under the category of “Gluttony” in Beautiful/Decay’s Book 9: “The Seven Deadly Sins.











This year, the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) launched its first Agar Art contest, inviting ASM members to create a piece of art using microbes as the paint and petri dishes as the canvas. The group of microbiologists took their painting skills to the limit with their submissions, showing that bacteria can be beautiful. First place went to Neurons, submitted by Mehmet Berkmen of New England Biolabs, with artist Maria Penil. People's Choice went to Cell to Cell, with almost 3,500 likes on the Facebook album. This image was also created by the group who won first place.   



Irony, one of a long series of ironies, to be continued




People and Pet Similarities

No comments :