Tuesday, April 05, 2016

capacitance conciliatory cement

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau






Got my shower in first thing in the morning, sat down to read the paper and then picked up my knitting (third attempt own this one, almost up to the armholes) and turned on the Roku only to find that somewhere along the line I missed President Underwood getting shot and getting a liver transplant.  I think I am still missing that episode, but got engrossed and pushed on with a few more episodes until my eyes were hurting and my knitting was too blurry to see what I was doing.  I have a real love/hate thing with this series.  At this point he has murdered or been responsible for murdering about 5 characters yet nobody sees it.  And I want to see Claire slouch just once wearing a garish print bathrobe.  Glad it's almost over, only about 5 episodes to go, none of them today!

Tonight I hiked down to West Palm to attend the Bruce Helander talk that I THOUGHT was last week but didn't go to because it was raining.  I beat myself up for being a wuss all evening until I realized I was a week early.  Knew I HAD to go tonight and glad I did.




When we were in Dublin a couple of years ago we stopped at the Trinity College to see their library, above.   But The Library of Trinity College in Dublin is not an ordinary place.  Not only is it the largest library in the country and home to the Book of Kells, it also features a 65-metre passage known as The Long Room.  This masterpiece of architecture was built in the early 18th century, with expansions made in the 1850s to make room for more books. There are more than 200,000 books here, because back in 1801 the library was given the right to claim a free copy of every book published in Britain and Ireland.


In my paddle-boarding on the webs today I came across that THING you have so been waiting for.  That THING that you can binge-watch, that THING that will gain your love and approval and perhaps forward you on to a perfect little  tree   I mean life.  For all you artists out there who 'can't draw a straight line', I give you Bob Ross!  And it's free.  And it will keep you sedated for days.  And I will use those days to finish up 'House of Cards' instead of  collecting stuff and writing this drivel.  Happy Little Birds to you.
  



Croc with a Croc



No comments :