Friday, April 29, 2016

mallory loire deuterium

"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. I'm beginning to believe it."  ~Clarence Darrow~ 


I think I got this herd of squirrels available to climb your own walls at Anthropologie-  and by that I mean I got the IMAGE there.  They are all light fixtures and I am not so sure that having a bulb up one's squirrel behind makes them any more lovable.  
With that I discovered that when I post a squirrel image it doesn't get deleted from the file, it jumps back in there to reappear every so often.  Sorry for the dups, I do dump them when I remember to!  

Call that my 'anthro-APOLOGIE'.

Of all the images I stole while we were building the new house, the one thing I really (my g'daughter says RILLY) RILLY wanted was this:

I even started collecting globes but found out you have to have a special kind that are more translucent so I didn't get very far.  Also helps if you have a more experienced electrician than I am.  But isn't this cool-  I wanted it in the stairwell so you would see different globes as you ascend.  But I don't have a stairwell, at ;east not one that can handle a giant feature like this.  So I am putting it out there for you to make-  just send me pictures when you're done hanging it with the forklift you will have to hire...I coulda been dangerous if I had somebody who0 could carry out my ideas...


Continuing the 'round things' theme today, here's some art for ya~ bet you thought it would never get here:








Do Gummy Worms come to mind?
Chicago-based digital artist David Brodeur rendered an alien world filled with berry-like plants, glowing crystals, and candy shaped orbs that sprout from the ground. Despite their exotic designs, Brodeur relies on common colors of familiar fruits to create this Willy Wonka-esque habitat where you can’t help but want to reach out and gobble everything up













1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love the globe light idea.
When renovating my reality has always been a poor imitation of my fantasises.
Cheers Jan