Sunday, June 05, 2016

clare coproduct perversion

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves 
at the same time.
Thomas Merton


For three days I have been so busy that I haven't had time for coffee. Today I hit Starbucks and emptied my account on a giant two-hands-needed dark roast,  I held it and coddled it and sipped it because it was to represent the three coffee-less mornings I endured.  As I sat there on a stool and string out the window I keep seeing an orange line cross over my glasses, then I removed them and still saw the thin orange line floating past in the same arc.  I thought maybe I was having another ocular migraine.  Then I saw a really cute guy sitting outside drinking coffee and then pulling out his camera and training it on the parking lot across the street-  I followed his sightline and there, in a full parking lot was a guy practicing his fly casting-  and THAT was the orange line I saw flying past my glasses!    I watched him for 20 minutes casting over and over.  I should have told him the river was just around the corner. and whatever bait he was using in the parking lot wasn't working.  

I've been unpacking boxes and throwing stuff out willy-nilly, Still have way too much stuff for this tiny place.  We have some plans for bringing it up to date s bit more then it is now, but until we get the place clear we can't do much of anything.  My bed won't fit in the master, had to move it to the second bedroom and we only have tiny walkway to get in even with that-  it kills me at this stage to get a smaller bed.  Sigh.  But the good news is I finally found the coffee carafe!

But you all know that When a door opens, a window behind you closes, 
right?: 

+
 I dropped my iPod in the toilet last night at 2 AM.  It was clean water, but then, how clean can a toilet be?  I fished it out, didn't have any rice so stuck it into a jar of bulgur wheat.  No change this morning, dead as a doorknob.   I found a Mac guy in town and will pay him a visit Monday to see if there is anything he can do, if not, there is a new iPod in my future since I listen to podcasts all night long.   Bummer night tonight with nothing to listen to.


We need an ART PART, don't we?

These balloon-filled interventions are the work of Paris based photographer Charles PĂ©tillon. These perfect white balloons, bubbling out of basketball hoops and old houses are all part of this beautiful series, titled “Invasions”:
“These balloon invasions are metaphors. Their goal is to change the way in which we see the things we live alongside each day without really noticing them. It is our way of looking at things that I am trying to transform and revive, and therefore make it possible to go beyond practical perception to aesthetic experience: a visual emotion. Each balloon has its own dimensions and yet is part of a giant but fragile composition. This fragility is represented by contrasting materials and also the whiteness of the balloons.





Sorry I have been amongst the missing, hopefully now that I have semi-reliant internet I can get to the computer more frequently.

No comments :