Thursday, October 06, 2016

(embarrassed) only #2450 posts, more coming (blushing)

but just you wait for 50 more-  that will be cause for either celebration or blog retirement!  But APPARENTLY the fates are toying with me for making that mistake and sending Hurricane Matthew straight for me as chastisement for my mathematical errors.  See?  I am that red dot along the Florida east coast.  It's 11 PM and the newspaper just sent out a PDF of my evacuation route but then told me I have to leave three days ahead of landfall and it should take 10 hours to evacuate in a car but to make sure and make reservations first.  OK, sure.  And don't forget a tank of gas and cash to live somewhere a week or more, and the motels won't take pets, we have to drive them 30 miles south INTO THE HURRICANE to a pet emergency shelter-  but again must make advance reservations and they flll up quickly.

So, let's start again, OK?


“Creative people can live with anxiety, even though a high price may be paid in terms of insecurity, sensitivity, and defenselessness for the gift of ‘divine madness.’” (Rollo May)



Well, creativity, Ms. Squirrel is on a temp hold this weekend while I am bombarded by Matthew of the Hurricane family.  It's 8 PM and we have just begun with 50 mph winds and rain coming sideways.  i know it will end but we are in for a miserable night with rampant power outages, no AC, and a light deficit until 7 or so.  The new hurricane house is safe and cozy-  the windows are so thick I can't even hear the storm out there, but I know it's there and it's pretty scary,  We are still heading for Cat 4 with a rumor of Cat 5 for a point.  Hopefully this won't happen but we simply gotta deal with whatever we gotta deal with!  With a flashlight in the pocket and a 3 day supply of water for everybody!  More for the doggies since they aren't interested in ice tea.

I'm sorry now I didn't bring home the collage projects from the studio but I really thought I'd be too busy to do any of it.  Instead I'm knitting again and going pretty speedy since I can't dance and it's too wet to plow, as they say!  And it is. 

ART PART will be quick tonight.  I have to get dishes done and things put away I will trip on wandering around in the dark.  I want this to be over NOW! 



First a playground alligator, then an entire locomotive, and now artist Olek reveals an entire two-story house covered roof to floorboards in pink crochet. This new yarn-bombed installation currently stands in Kerava, Finland where Olek worked with a team of assistants to stitch together huge panels of crochet that envelop every inch of this 100-year-old house.

See y'all tomorrow when we can hopefully be safe and dry, even if not until evening!

No comments :