Tuesday, January 17, 2017

viva vivace cost

'Only use decorations bigger than a melon. The effect is all interior self-expression, no chaos.'     Domain Magazine


Awwww, a bebe!


The kids are at this moment boarding their flight for home.  The Lego mugs I ordered didn't make it here in time but I do have a hundred thousand pieces of Lego all over the house.  Soon to be swallowed by the vacuum.  That, an apple, and a couple of cheese sticks along with lots and lots of tiny clothes.  We spent this afternoon at the Busch Wildlife Center looking for bears that need to be poked, and Florida Panthers in full hunt mode patrolling their enclosure.  Do you believe people buy these gorgeous animals and DECLAW them to keep in the house as pets?  Oy.  Of course they outgrow the cute kitten stage very fast and end up in the refuge since they can't be released.  Why do people do that?

Yesterday we went to the studio for some serious drawing-  they didn't want any lesson, only to draw the turtles we saw the day before at the Loggerhead Marine Hospital here in Juno.  We also saw some land tortoises and their burrows on the way to the car so they were well versed in the differences.  And funnily enough more tortoises appeared at Busch, but look closely-  they are on top of each other trying for sun on a raft in the middle of an everglades display!



OK, enough with the nature walks.  This afternoon a box arrived and this was inside:
A solid brass turkey leg, our Christmas present from our son.  He says it's because we have everything!  It weighs as much as a car, guess I
ll hold down all the outside furniture at the next hurricane.

So, couple that with yesterday's post about the gift for my birthday from my daughter~ a reminder, the cockroach pool float:

and it begs the questions, 1. WTF?  and 2.  where did I go wrong teaching appropriate gifts for old ladies?


Sigh.  Let's have a party!




Merging botanical forms from England with the delicate plant shapes from her childhood in Japan, ceramic artist Hitomi Hosono produces delicate layered sculptures that appear as frozen floral arrangements. Often monochromatic, the works are focused on carved detail rather than color—repetition of form making each piece uniquely beautiful.
“The subjects of my current porcelain works are shapes inspired by leaves and flowers,” said Hosono in an artist statement. “I study botanical forms in the garden. I find myself drawn to the intricacy of plants, examining the veins of a leaf, how its edges are shaped, the layering of a flower’s petals. I look, I touch, I draw.”

Wowzer.  How gorgeous!

See you tomorrow-ish, I have much to catch up on!

No comments :