Thursday, February 23, 2017

silkworm our silky

 I decided to change calling the bathroom the John 
and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better 
saying I went to the Jim this morning.
Unknown



Been a very full week, stuff happening every day that certainly interferes with things I really would rather be doing.  This 'in-season' stuff is exhausting and I am anxious for folks to take their visiting families and go home!  We have been trying to have a dinner party and cannot round up enough people two weeks ahead-  everybody has plans so far ahead!  (More 'ahead' than I want to deal with!)  So today we are sending out DIS-invites and a promise to reschedule at some point down the road.  As recently as a few years ago I would have assumed it was ME but somehow I've gotten over it because I know how hard it was for me to find a night that I wasn't busy myself!  So, it looks like that is off my plate for awhile.

I've only been able to carve out an hour here or a half hour there at the studio which I am getting worried about but this morning I realized that all this time away is because I need to solve a problem on the 'Hurricane Gates' piece and somehow wrestle it under the machine needle to get things attached permanently.  Ive been avoiding this as the solution since it's so big and stiff and won't manipulate easily but it's the only way.  Fusing only works as a stop-gap measure but it does hold things in place on the thick canvas long enough to do the machine work.  My handwork also is a problem since it's so hard to get the needle through the painted canvas.  Why do I DO this???  Geesh.  Anyway I have a couple of hours this AM to try out another plan.  Then I have to go to the Bocce game I'm scheduled in for.  Sigh.

I was shopping for sunglasses the other day and had my real glasses in my hand so I could try them on.  I kind of tried on every pair on the racks, got frustrated and decided to get out of there BUT couldn't find my real glasses...  Somehow I had put them down and spent an hour scouring the racks for them, looking under the racks, on top of the racks, in all the sunglasses slots, then through the dressing room-  they were not there.  It was sort of like looking for the needle without an eye in the proverbial haystack-  all the ones I checked were with eyes.  SO, I reported to the lost and found but for days now I have checked with them and no Rx glasses have appeared.  Trifocals, way too expensive to lose.  I was able to find my old glasses from 10 years ago but they look pretty crappy and now I am forced into getting new ones.  Fortunately I have an eye exam coming up so I can get some replacements.  Rats.  I hate to spend all that money on lenses-  they're INVISIBLE!  

And oh yeah, never did find sunglasses but I bought some powerful drugstore readers as a stop gap measure


Off to the studio to put in some time-
Later: I was in the studio from 8 until 10:45, then from 1 to 5 PM so finally I got some things done.  I did in fact wrestle with the Gates and got a little bit done-  doesn't look like I had envisioned but then things never do.  I started working on a piece for the Adulterated Book group but whacked the idea because I was told it was 12" but the one I received in the mail the other day was 10".  Now I must do some research on who's rules to follow!  But I got it started, yahoo!  Except for the paint under my fingernails or a few days.

And in a minute I am headed out for a bit of cheeseburger and a bottle of something made of hops at the local pub so in a hurry to give a bit o' ARTY PARTY!   Here goes:
The THING here is that all of these works are by fiber artists.  Celebrate diversity!  And go see any fiber show that comes your way this week!  (well, except for a boring old quilt show...)
Johanna Jacks

Johanna Jacks

Caroline Wells Chandler

Caroline Wells Chandler

Jim Drain

Stephan Goldrajch

Stephan Goldrajch

Orly Genger


Orly Genger

Olek

Olek

Ernesto Neto

Ernesto Neto

Haegue Yang

Haegue Yang

No comments :