Thursday, October 19, 2017

resistant alkalinity witan

“Try to put well in practice what you already know; 
and in so doing, you will, in good time, 
discover the hidden things which you now inquire about.”  


sharing a toothbrush is not a good idea.

Just got back from a lecture on indigo which pretty much held the audience spellbound.  Thanks to an old friend and crit group member, Carol Grotrian, I already knew this stuff.  One time she started an indigo pot just for us and an us through the process which is indeed fun.  I dyed 2 yards of wonderful silk velvet with something in mind, who knows what.  I still have it, cut in 8" squares and unfortunately embellished with gold paint.  hey, I thought it would work.  Anyway, another pile I should toss out.

I've spent the last three days making blouses to go with a pair of pants I bought.  The pants are purple sleazy material that drops and swished, with a tiny white circle with a yellow cross in each.  I need something yellow.  So I made a yellow an almost-purple linen plaid tee shirt in th same colors but a different scale and I think I like it lots.  I also cobbled together a few more remnants of Marimekko giant grape leaf white linen with gold designs and a gold and white stripe.  I almost finished that one too but had to gather up my stuff and get home in time for the lecture.  

Realized I am going to Boston on Saturday for the week and haven't started jamming things in my suitcase yet, amongst the 'things' is a queen sized down quilt so there goes any space or things like clothes except for what I will wear.  Oh well, all I'm doing is playing with kids anyway so it won't matter.  I do have a few things there but nothing that's been purchased since 1999.  Sigh.  But getting the quilt there is of utmost importance.

Have a busy day preparing for leaving-  have to buy Molly's chickens for the week and get them cooked up, have to get to doctor to get a new prescription to take with me, and hope the pharmacy can accommodate before I leave.  Have to assemble a workable wardrobe for the week, do a load of wash, get to bank-  I THOUGHT I was going next week, silly me.  Also have to assemble a knitting project so I don't go mad.

Anyway, that's what's happening here for the next 2 days, hope I can keep up blog while I'm there but iPad sucks for blog writing.  

Here's the Party, but it ain't very Arty this time around!






Artist Taiichiro Yoshida forms the delicate wings of birds and fluffy fur of mammals from a variety of sculpted metal flowers of bronze, copper, or silver. Decorative hot metalworking in Japan is considered an ancient technique, beginning sometime in the 2-3rd century BC. Yoshida achieves the fragile nature of each piece through smithing, where the hot metal is carefully beaten and then formed into blooms before being colored. You can see more of his work on Artsy


No comments :