Wednesday, November 29, 2017

signet osteology osteopath


“Ordinary people seek entertainment. 
Extraordinary people seek education and learning.” 
-Benjamin Hardy


A Ratty Squirrel, or perhaps a Squirrely Rat carrying a Murse (Manly Purse)?



A couple of long days in the studio-  I finally completed the little embroidery copy of a 7 year old's family portrait for his mom and it's rolled up in my car to take to Fed Ex.  It was tough keeping it 'child-like' and not redoing and ripping out a stitch here and there that could have been straighter, I hope the mom 'gets it'.  The good thing about this project is it forced me to get the new computer and the new printer tested and talking to each other.  Of course I also had to buy an updated to Photoshop Elements since my version was 2010, and all three new things are completely different from the old versions.  

Also I ACTUALLY had a real life flesh and blood visitor one day at the studio!  My place was making her nervous because she is somewhat of a beatnik and completely removed from what the hell I do, so we went out for a walk instead. Good for me to get out too, but great to have a human stop in!  If you're a human, please c'mon down and interrupt me!  I can handle it.

Other project is a small painting for a bocce based show.  This isn't something I want to invest myself in, just need to make an effort to have something to show.  I've cut out a bunch of greens and reds in circles and glued them onto a background that I 'raked' the paint like our courses used to be.  Now that it's all flat and straight I will go back in and add dirt to the balls and splatters of rain and those little lines around the equators-  gotta do some research on that to see how many, why, and where!  Or maybe I won't bother and just print them wherever!  I'm suing a plastic drinking glass for that effort.  So, yup, I've got the paint boxes out and spend too much time looking for brushes that aren't stiff as knives from bad sanitation practices.  But these brushes I had before I went to college so I guess I perhaps should buy a few new ones next time I am in Jerry's Art-o-rama and have a nice empty credit card.  

Paint brushes are like soffits-  you can buy the best on the market but who the hell will ever know?

I've finished a few more of my extra fabric shirts and jackets, and now am gonna tackle a big piece of velvet for pants.  The thing is I need to use a real pattern so I get the fit right, rather than just making a big square and sewing together the top like the tee shirts.  So today I will haul down the big box of old patterns and see if I have any pants patterns in there, make a muslin out of the ugliest fabric I and find to test it, and then the real version.  Since Walmart is the only place around here I guess I need to go investigate their notions dept. too.  

I also found a really big silk shawl with digitals of Positano printed across both ends-  I haven't used it for years because of it's width so that will be the next top.  Much to do to keep busy, but the quilts just aren't coming down the pike these days.  Neither is the new website, but I got the mast-head ready:

Now I have to find out how to  transfer it to the new site.  Wish I had a web designer, except I don't have much left to put on it.  

Later:  Spent the day in the studio moving buckets from one leak to another-  we had a huge downpour that started just as we (Molly 'n Me) entered, and it was so heavy that I got leaks even though I didn't in the hurricane!  Don't know who to call, have to find out.  But instead of sewing I spent more time setting up the computer, adding a few more thanks that didn't migrate automatically.  I got Dropbox installed and that only took an hour and a half between them demanding that I had to change my password because I've had it too long (!), and downloading all the associated stuff.   How frustrating., but it's done.  I had to run home to feed the livestock and get ready for a dinner out tonight.  I had a friend here who stopped coming to FL when she got grandchildren and she reappear yesterday and we're going out tonight before she gets away again!


Today's ARTY PARTY involves a couple of recipes-  Let me know if you try them.  First, a Sub Sandwich~




And maybe top it with some Guacamole


It's raining again, guess I will wear my plastic shoes, the fancy ones they call pool deck shoes, not the emergency pedicure flip flops.  So chic.

No comments :