Monday, December 04, 2017

chucked reddish lacer

“When you work, you learn something about what you are doing and you develop habits and procedures out of what you’re doing,” said Jasper Johns.




Had to work at Special Olympics golf tournament today, a great annual fundraiser for a good cause.  It's an early start so I had to be at the golf course to check people in at 7 AM.  My alarm was set for 6, but I was awake at 4 waiting for the alarm because I hadn't given it a tryout on the iPad and didn't know what it sounded like.  .  And I was finished with my 'job' and home by 8:30 with a car load of things TY bid on at the auction last night.  A nice turnout and a lot of money made.  But the fallout is hitting me right now and I am so sleepy I'm falling over.  

I did manage to get a big wreath hung off the balcony BUT I can't hook it up to an electric outlet because the doors to the balcony are hurricane doors and very heavy, no little corners to run a cord through so until I can figure it out it's just a plain ole undecorated circle of greens, not very festive when what you want is lights.  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow.

No Sewing Allowed Today

But yesterday I got my velvet pants cut out and marked ready to go.  The jacket is also ready for  sewing.  I have a couple of bobbins wound to use, but somehow between Joanns and home the roll of elastic for the pants has disappeared.  And also my motivation-  it's a long way back to Joanns for a few yards of elastic.  Black pants are always OK, right?  Time is getting scarce and the plans are stacking up so we are busy most every night.  Not my idea of a relaxing holiday. I may take another swipe at the pants later this week, who knows, perhaps Walmart will have some elastic-  OR a zipper.  Some way to hold up my pants other than clothesline.




So, I have to get to bed, and here's a very quick ART PART.
Today we're doing gifs, hope you like them!

    
Working with photographs, film clips, and illustrations lost to time, San Francisco-based filmmaker and stereoscopist Bill Domonkos creates darkly humorous animated GIFs. The resurrected photos merged with modern animation are almost completely nonsensical in subject matter and yet perfect in their execution, the more random the better. From his artist statement:
I experiment by combining, altering, editing and reassembling using digital technology, special effects and animation to create a new kind of experience. I am interested in the poetics of time and space—to renew and transform materials, experiences and ideas. The extraordinary thing about cinema is its ability to suggest the ineffable—it is this elusive, dreamlike quality that informs my work.


     
  One of my new favorite Tumblrs to follow is Un gif dans ta gueule… (roughly ‘A gif in the mouth…’) run by French photographer and animator Nicolas Monterrat who brings his surreal sense of humor to historical photos, paintings, and other borrowed imagery by creating bizarre and humorous animations. Collected here is just a sampling, do yourself and dive into his archive, you won’t regret it.

   

1 comment :

Max said...

You can get solar powered xmas lights for your balcony wreath . . . we have them strung on the fence along the canal and they work quite well .. . no cord needed.