Monday, February 12, 2018

Rabelais bevin quipster

National Create a Vacuum Day






I know, I know, Bad Blogger Me.  Maybe I got nuthin' to say I haven't said before, maybe I have things to say I don't want in print, well-  that could be. Actually I have been busy as all get out doing pretty much nothing of note but thinking and plotting.  I did get my two quilts back from the Two by Twenty Show that has been all over god's half acre for 2 1/2 years.  Funny thing was that I called the shipper asking if it was going somewhere else after the published places, and he said no, that he was mailing it out the following week! So it was a very appropriate call, only made because we moved about the time I sent it out and needed to make sure it wasn't;t languishing in a warehouse somewhere after being sent to the old address.  It wasn't, it was in perfect condition.

This is the In-Season part of living in FL, everything is popping'.  There are craft shows of differing qualities every weekend, the professional ones are in Feb so the next few weekends are full with those.  Also, the Farmers Markets are loaded with stuff, all giant sized and gorgeous.  It seems every time I go I end up with a cart of food and a giant orchid trailing roots behind me.  All the teams and organizations and fund raisers are in full swing, and I have contributed to everybody who asks.  I checked on the step ladder I decorated for the Play for Pink auction and there was a price war going on that last I checked.  I do so love to see things go way over their worth-  a boost for me AND the charity.

I need to get into the studio to finish up a new collage for my Altered Art group. I met the deadline last month and have a short window to finish the next one.  These are just small collages using whatever technique we want to explore so it's fun to mess about.  This season the theme is deconstruction and that's an easy one for me (!!) unfortunately.  Will show in-progress WHEN I get to in-progress.


So, right now I have a couple of chicken carcasses boiling away for soup for Molly who seems to be on a hunger strike these days.  Also have a batch of ricotta dripping into my sink which I love love love to have on hand-  I use it like cottage cheese.  And I need to do more since I bought the stupid Insta-Pot and haven't used it.  With only 2 of us, I don't cook massive loads of food, and being in south Florida we seem to go more for lighter things that basically cook in 2 minutes flat.  But I made a promise to use the damn thing once a week and if all I do is make ricotta and yogurt it is a step forward.  Sort of.

So I am heading out the door right now to get myself into something that is blog worthy at the studio. I got a stat report for this blog, or lack thereof, and realized I am woefully behind my every-other-day promise.  You will hopefully be hearing more from me in the near future.  One idea was to take all the classes I ever taught and change them to blog format-  anybody interested?

So, not much ofna party today, more of a low-key get-together 









YIKES, Stripes!
Markus Linnenbrink garnered attention in the U.S. and Europe with wall paintings at the UCLA Hammer Museum, the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, the Kunstmuseum in Bonn, and Museum Haus Esters, Krefeld. Recent significant commissions are 75 Rockefeller Center, New York with a 7-by-90-foot painting installed in their public concourse lobby; and Morrison & Foerster, New York installation of eight, 9-by-42 foot wall paintings, one on each of their eight floors; and Jorge M. Pérez SLS Brickell 40,000 sq. ft. wall painting, Miami, Florida. Over 50 works are in public collections, which include the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; UCLA Hammer Museum; The Hague Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, the Netherlands; Neue Galerie, Kassel; Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia; Museum Katharinenhof, Kranenburg; Kunsthalle Recklinghausen; Herzliya Museum of Contemporary Art, Israel; Clemens Sels Museum, Neuss; and 75 Rockefeller Center, NY.

No comments :