Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Five Hundred Ninety Ninth Post

If YOU were a piece of Swedish furniture, what would you be? This is me, short and squat. Damn. I wonder what I would be if I had a glamorous name!

So, do I get a hanging-in-there prize or something, Mr Blogger? A certificate suitable for framing? When I started this I was going to just do it as a form of journaling but we all know I don't like journaling because when you don't get at it GUILT follows. But blogging doesn't hold the same need for responsibility or follow-through, you just do it as the mood strikes. So the mood has struck 599 times here.

Oy. The horror-scope has me skewed again! "The Moon is in your 12th House of Secrets today, reminding you of the power you can build by not telling anyone about your deepest needs. But your fear of rejection may not be enough to keep you isolated now as the Moon squares feisty Mars in your 3rd House of Communication. Think of all the reasons to hide your agenda. Then stretch beyond your comfort level and lay your cards on the table for all to see."

Ha! Seems that the horror-scope is in direct defiance of the blog, eh? So, do I lay my cards on the table or do I keep my agenda a secret? Whatever, it looks like I am 'building power', and how bad can that be?

I am also building a pretty good smelling onion soup tonight, the one in this month's Gourmet and mde with just red onions. I opened a nice Rioja and had about as much as I put in the soup- really good.. TY is due in from SF tonight after 9 and I know he will be hungry since he was getting on the plane long before dinner. I don't think I have any broiler-proof bowls any more so I guess I will broil the cheese on the crouton and then just plop it on the soup surface.

Tonight I am subscribed to the Master Class Craftcast Podcast about image transfer processes. My connection isn't very good so I am multi-tasking as the audio lurches and chokes around. The general thrust is about putting images onto polymer clay or metal, with lots of information and tips about Lazertran, which I have a pile of right here in my desk but can't use because I don't have a laser copier I can trust. So right now the guy who is talking is admitting he has never put images on fabric. OK. Guess I misunderstood. They should call me for that section and I will lead it. Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time I signed on.

Today I had a lovely experience- I met a woman I have known online for about two or three years, She originally got in touch because she is a former Newton resident but then living in Florida. Well, she is back in MA and we had a date to go to a gallery and grab lunch afterwards. So I showed up at the gallery and there was a small army of construction workers plastering the walls and laying new carpet, and of course the gallery was closed. So, we went to a market and put together a little Frenchie picnic and retired to the local community farm where they had some picnic tables. It was a spectacular day and it felt so good to sit outside in the cool breeze and hot sun getting to know an intresting woman. Lotsa haystacks to take pictures of.



So, because I was in the neighborhood of the gallery where I got the Admiral Crow, I stopped in to see what they have today and came waltzing out with a little General Cardinal. I needed this like a hole in the head but he is very wonderful, and also on wheels so it's a SET. I'll get the pictures up later, maybe tomorrow so it will give me reason to round it up to SIX hundred posts. The General Cardinal. Sorry Jane, my crow collecting friend, he followed me home on his little roller blades!



Here, a few shots of my Really Messed Up Studio:
newly folded fabric mailed from a friend cleaning out her studio- like I have extra room!

collage in progress- can you tell it's about a farm?
a real cut up book- found on the street unbound and sun-browned.
The whole sorry pig pile. I must start creating some order out of it since my secret (see horror-scope above) is on the table!

No comments :