Wednesday, April 23, 2014

quiet cousin barnstorm

At 8:06 p.m., 73-year-old Hull* resident Joan Price became the last person to finish this year's Boston Marathon. She started at 11:30 a.m., but got lost near the end of the course, she said. 
To me, this is even more important than winning-  this woman kept going one foot in front of the other the whole friggin' day and didn't stop.  My hero!  Hope she gets a copy of this picture and has it blown up for over her mantle.
(*Hull is a Boston seaside suburb located  south of Boston Harbor and before Cape Cod)




You always have more choices than you think you have... Rich French


It turned out to be a work day at home even though not what I intended.  Cleaned out a cupboard, did five loads of wash, fixed a few things, and knit a cap for the wee boy because the last one might not make that far into the future on his giant head.  Today I'll just make a tail on the top at my stitch meeting and send it out.  After the meeting I have a haircut coming, and then, I hope, go pick up my car and turn the AC up as high as it will go for the ride home!  There ya go, day shot to hell.

But first, a little bio and interview with someone you should know, John Baldessari:





And a little cartoon about how we ALL feel at times.  Best to keep it to ourselves, eh?




Squirrel Hedonism

No comments :