Tuesday, June 16, 2009


The horror-scope today: You are jazzed about the potential in your life now, yet you also see the sacrifices you may need to make in order to accomplish your goals. Luckily, you are not worried about what could get in your way. You assume that obstacles will inevitably appear and you'll respond to them as they do. Nevertheless, a methodical approach and a steady hand will assist you in your journey. (this is the closest my little pallet has to the new studio floor color.)

Hmmm. How right- I certainly do need a steady hand these days. I am being pulled in seven directions getting this house cleaned up and closed up so I'll be ready to leave in a few days. Meanwhile I am having the studio floor painted today by the Bolivian/Italian/American so I won't be able to set foot in there for a few days as it dries. Then we have found a guy to move all my stuff out, but still no day commitment from him, and I can't make a plane reservation to go home until that's set. Yesterday we realized that TY is driving back to Boston, which also leaves me car-less as I am certainly NOT driving the topless Cobra around, so that means I have to find myself a rental for my remaining time here. OK, done whining.

Spent yesterday getting the utilities turned on and a brand new bank account opened so I can keep studio stuff out of the regular house account. The financial guy I dealt with was a decade younger than my own kids- happens more and more lately and is so disconcerting. I wanted to tell him to wear sunscreen and drive carefully... ever the mom, it just can't be turned off. Which brings me to this quote, so applicable for a recovering mom:
"The places we have known belong now only to the little world of space
on which we map them for our own convenience. No one of them was ever
more than a thin slice, held between the contiguous impressions that
composed our life at that tie; remembrance of a particular form is but
regret for a particular moment; and houses, roads, avenues are as
fugitived, alas as the years."
Proust

(happily becoming a person again)

No comments :