Wednesday, January 09, 2013

juju bedazzle abstain



 There is no beauty without some strangeness.
- Edgar Allan Poe


The other day I was looking at my Serial Killer book and thinking that there is nothing in this about the victims, it's all about the killers.  I wanted to change the focus slightly.  Sure, I love the old mug shots and the distressed photos, and it was ALL FINISHED, but I kept tweaking and decided that I needed a body count on each page.  In talking to #1 Son, of my AdvertisingLayoutTypographyPhotoshop Advice, he suggested stamps, I suggested toilet logos, or maybe it was the other way around.  Anyway, at his suggestion I had three custom stamps made and they arrived in no time.  The adults are 1/2" high, the child (used for toilet changing areas) is 1/4" high.  Some of my killers will get all three, others will get adults, others get more specific.  Today is my day to trial and error the different colors of ink.  I wanted to stick with b&w, but son wants blood red.  Fortunately, since I printed all these killers so many times I have LOTS of practice materials.  So, that's my rainy day ahead.

(Jan 18th-  I removed the offending fireplace video.  You're welcome.)

PM UPDATE: the stamps didn't perform the way I had thought they would-  they were too tiny, I didn't have control over their tendency to lean, and I think I've really screwed it up.  So I naturally over printed all 64 of them.  I did find some old number stamps that had slid off their mounts long ago-  they look like typewrtier keys.  I printed the numbers of confirmed dead in the top half of the page, then, if there were thoughts that the number prosecuted was way off, the probable dead number at the bottom.  Mr. Art Director steered me to red but that was a real bust, not decided until I had some maybe 20 of them and just didn't like the at all.  So I changed to black and finished the job.  I can always reprint the heads again when I make the final decision tomorrow-  I'm not happy.  The custom stamps should have been bigger but I didn't want them overwhelming the heads.  Oh.  you don't have a clue what I'm talking about do you?

Not that this will help:

"The moment you know, you know you know."



 Adventure filmmaker Bryan Smith shot this remarkable clip of American free climber Dean Potter as he traverses a highline tied to Cathedral Peak in Yosemite National Park.


 Time lapse photographs of the stars by Lincoln Harrison.

Found a new pair of jeans, whatcha think?  With stiletto booties?  And a little clutch bag...
All I need are sequins.

Im gonna wear them when I meet this guy, Datta Phuge of Pimpri-Chinchwad, India had a custom gold shirt made for himself to impress the ladies. He’s quoted as saying, “I know I am not the best looking man in the world but surely no woman could fail to be dazzled by this shirt?” It took 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make the shirt which cost him nearly $23,000.  I don't want him to think I'm after his gold.



No comments :