Sunday, September 21, 2014

cady revelry eurasia

Heading into my last day of 'alone-ness', and I just got in from an unintended romp across the campus trying to entice Pepper to follow me after he wiggled out of his  noose, I mean 'collar' on our walk.  He just struts when he gets off that way, makes me crazy.  At one point on the treat a huge Escalade was barreling toward us so I jumped into the center of the road to slow her down because you simply can't see Pepper against the dark shadowy bushes.  She wasn't sympathetic, didn't even roll the window down to hear what I was waving her down.  What's wrong with people?

If I yell 'HOME!' he knows exactly which turns to make-  all I can hope is he doesn't get distracted by something shiny (or with a bushy tail!) to deter his romp.  I tightened up his collar as soon as I got him...collared!  (He was groomed last week and they took off masses of neck and head hair, and I should have been aware that the collar was loose.  Bad mom, bad.  And it's not the first critter to say that.  

So today I am hunting and gathering so I can commence to hunting and pecking out a post.  Later I hit the grocery store to buy more eggs.  We went out the other night with the gurlz and one of the appetizers at the restaurant was Deviled Eggs and they were wonderfully simple and completely delicious.  There were 4 of us and we had to divide up the last half into 4 little pieces so we all had equal eggs.  I made three for breakfast this morning, and next time I go back to siracha as a MAIN ingredient, this time I took it easy.  

The only other thing is that yesterday I finished off 5 new hexagons for the afghan so today  I'll be able to sew on another row.  it's getting harder and harder to keep it unplanned and I spend lots of time planning the unplan so the colors  aren't all concentrated in one area.  I did make a change and started putting three like hexes together here and there, and I even joined 6 together into a flower for one side.  I'll do another few of these-  they don't save me any time or effort, in fact make setting them in more difficult, but I think it gives something a bit more interesting to the random design.  
The left panel still needs to be sewn together, the right side is finished to this point.  I'm so tired of this...

Also yesterday I put the calligraphy chain back together-  this I found in VT but had to untape it all to get it home with me, then in the studio I found a tape dispenser that only put the sticky stuff down, no backing, and it worked great so I got the chain all back together.  I love this thing, love it all in a loopy pile...  gonna make more at some point.





I don't have any information on this-  it's an installation of EGGS of different colors arranged like dominoes,  somewhere in China.  Imagine what happens when you shove one corner.




 Photographer Isabella Vacchi gives us an idea of what different meal settings look like when color variety is absent. Entitled ‘MONOCHROME’, the series organizes food and dining ware according to just four color palettes: black, white, grey, and brown.




 Illustrator and designer Akihiro Mizuuchi designed a modular system for creating edible chocolate LEGO bricks. Chocolate is first poured into precisely designed moulds that after cooling can be popped out and used as regular LEGO. It’s hard to determine exactly how functional they are, it seems like he had success in building a number of different things, though I can only imagine how quickly they might melt in your hands, but I suppose that’s beside the point; this is two of the greatest things in the world fused together.

Okey dokey-  that takes us to Squirrel Time, and I've got a nice fat one today, perhaps he found my chocolate lego:
And now it's time to say goodbye to the weekend-  I have one tamale left before it's back to the straight and narrow.


No comments :