Monday, November 02, 2015

boor fop iceland scheme

"I'd rather look back on my life and say 'I can't believe I did that' rather than 'I wish I'd done that'." ~Unknown




Today the upstairs carpeting went in, yahoo!  Well, part of it went in, they will be back tomorrow and they think the master bedroom will be done on Friday, a good thing since that's the day the truck comes from Boston.  There was a lot going on today, painters touching up, electricians stopping by, fence being built around the courtyard, and a truck for each guy clogging the street.  In the afternoon two of my friends stopped by and seemed to really like the place so far-  can't wait to get things in place and so today I took over three baskets from the studio to put in the pantry.  A bit of my own stuff installed, but I have no idea how they will be used yet.  !  Assuming nobody steals them.

Since I am talking household I have the perfect ahhht today:




Korean artist Do-Ho Suh (previously here and here) has constructed detailed, leightweight sculptures of his oven, toilet, bathtub and other fixtures found in his Manhattan apartment out of polyester fabric. The translucent nature of each piece gives the appearance of a CAD drawing or digital wireframe, but in fact each piece is a near weightless, full-size replica down to the stitched typography of the brand label. 









Dance costumes from 20’s: In 1920s Hamburg, a dancer couple created wild, Expressionist costumes that looked like retro robots and Bauhaus knights. The dancers were Lavinia Schulz and Walter Holdt.  the dancers created 20 full-body costumes for performances between 1919 and 1924, all accompanied by avant-garde music, often composed by Hans Heinz Stuckenschmidt. One reason the striking costumes might have been left to gather dust was the startling and sad end to Schulz and Holdt’s story. Both were in their 20s, and had earned little money from their artistic work. In financial ruin, on June 18, 1924, Schulz shot Holdt, and then turned the gun on herself. 







No comments :