Tuesday, December 29, 2015

cacophony proclivity easternmost

" Once, Picasso was asked what his paintings meant. He said, “Do you ever know what the birds are singing? You don’t. But you listen to them anyway.” So, sometimes with art, it is important just to look." 
Marina Abramović





Another stellar squirrel choice from a Facebook friend.  Wonderful way to share, eh?  Which half do you want?   And yeah, there was an animal hurt in this production-  NOT by me.


Yesterday I got to the studio early and worked my little fingers to the bone pushing the $35 Bissel around.  I collected a whole canister of fluff and dead bugs and chased a few daddy longlegs up the walls for sport with the long hose attachment.  I took a few loads to the dumpster and moved my huge printer down to where I can reach it while moving the scanner up where it isn't quite as accessible or needs to be.  And the other printer I stowed more out of the way, haven'y used it since I put away the encaustic stuff but intend to get it out again.  Also wiped down the counters and consolidated a few of the drawers of flotsam and jetsam collage papers.  Whew.  Took a shower when I got home!  I also brought home my too-old-for-commercial-use fire extinguisher as the Fire Marshall suggested so the kitchen open flames will be smothered.  And while making dinner I discovered that the disposal is not working.   AAAURGHHHH.





Gingerbread Houses:  1.  Game of Thrones, 2.  harry Potter, 3. USS Enterprise  4. Downton Abbey, and #5, Breaking Bad









 Extremely detailed machines made out of cardboard. Australian artist Daniel Agdag creates directly with his hands and scalpel. The industrial machineries he imagines and makes are a mean to raise consciousness on how human beings are powerless and ignorant over the machines they use daily.
















No comments :