Friday, October 07, 2005

Balm Slit Beetle Rampage

The good news is that I am sportin' a tooth glued back into my head yesterday, just in time to get to the Federalist for dinner. UNbelievably good, from the Hudson River foie gras to the Dover Sole to the Carpaccio appetizer. Champagne! For dessert I had 4 teensy scoops of pear sorbet topped with 4 'sugar cookies' the size of my acrylic thumb nail, and the amazing thing was it was so perfect I couldn't have eaten more. Even though we forgot to go see the function room/wine cellasr which is supposed to be amazing, this was a great experience, brought to me by the generosity of one of TY's cronies who gave him certificates for a meal there. What a nice gift. I wore my highest heels, so today I am crippled but what the hell?

Have been busy all day getting stuff done to leave town- 3 loads to Goodwill, visit the banque for the cleaning folks, buy a #5 dpn, make Molly's grooming appointment, and stopping the mail guy. Tonight I am going downstairs to listen to Ruth because she just returned from Italy and has some 'tips' she wants to pass on. I'm sure that her 'tips' will involve how to keep up with the tour leader and not to drink the water, but I really feel like I have to be polite, she is so excited to tell me about it.
Fortunately I have to get to BB for the Thistle dinner early tonight so I have a reason to leave.

Ran into my usual problems at the LYS- went for one set of bamboo dpns for the plane ride (easier because you can't drop one!) and ended up with the makings of a mohair shawl. So, $50 later I am well equipped for the long rides ahead. I am THINKING of trying to replicate the cross sections of the tree cells from yesterday~ hey, it's so holey that I can't make a mistake!
If it looks terrible, I will simply follow the pattern

Also, in my continuing quest for artistic fulfillment (ha) I have sent my name into the folks at ArtiGras to be a volunteer at the show next February. It's at Abacoa, just down the street and would be fun to hang out and booth-sit and fondle stuff. AND they promise me a freeee teeeee shirt, just hope I can put in the order for an XL.


(Oh Oh, update- while I was writing this I got an answer that they would love to have me volunteer- do I really want to volunteer at a thing that wants me to volunteer???) Gotta go read the attachment of 'opportunities'.

No comments :