Saturday, October 08, 2005

Eat at Accomplice Obliterate

Mea culpa. Urban Legends: Marzipan Babies Well well well! Apparently there IS someone 'out there'! I got comments late last night about the marzipan babies leading me to Snopes where it is debunked, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER because of who sent it to me, but didn't do the research as I should have. Now, the truth about these tiny babies is that they are made by a very talented doll artist named Camille Allen out of polymer clay which is entirely inedible.

So, from now on I will check things out before stealing images. BTW, Camille, these are amazing- it must be scary to stick them in an oven to harden!

The Red Sox are out of it so today is packing day for Italy. I am resolved to take just one medium suitcase so I may have to cull out the shoe collection, and maybe I won't need two books, and other than the plane, will I really be knitting enough for the third and fourth balls of yarn? It's going to be tough- maybe I will leave the clean underwear at home so I have room for the electrical equipment pile that is taking over the dining room table! But I need the iPod and the camera and the Palm and lord knows what else.


I have made another decisdion today- I am letting my SAQA membership lapse. I am not happy with the direction it is taking, I have served as a volunteer for years as a PAM, but a few years back got stronarmed by the director who was doing a stupid thing and ignoring my ideas for how to make things more efficient. Instead of me doing changes on the published list for free, they insisted on paying a web tech $80 an hour to go in and correct spelling- I should have taken the hint at that point that the organization is all bout the board- instead I just downgraded to a regular member. And that it seems entitles me to nuthin' except the thrill of filling out a check every year. I am not interested in being 'professional' any longer- been there, done that for 30 years now, I am not interested in the conferences or the newsletters, so it's 'so long' to them. And especially, I am not interested in a group that has no room for members! OK, so it's really the Yahoo list that has me bristling (like a sardine), I will quit that now and let the rest go quietly.
It's tough being a dinosaur.

No comments :