Friday, October 14, 2011

Veronica Busman

Oh the problems of being busty are legion, but occasionally there is a little benefit for the well-endowed.  You can have your own tea roving party!  Or maybe I should say you can BE your own tea party.  Crumbs from the tea sandwiches are always a leetle problem here, but perhaps a tea cloth would remedy that.  You're on your own with this one.


Had a bizzy day yesterday, started out at the studio and got a few more sections quilted on the Offending Quadrant.  Laurie arrived and we took off for a fabric store where I haven't been for several years, a home-dec place, not a 'quiltte shoppe' sort of place.  I died.  OMG, what a bunch of gorgeous.  I found some amazing things, was overwhelmed and had to simply exit with the idea that I will come back with some concrete plans rather than just piles of MORE FABRIC without purpose (I am so over that...).  Lunch at Rocco's Tacos ('home of Tuesday Tacos Tunes and Tatas'--- I know, I know but the chorica tacos are sooo good.  Also on Tuesdays if you are of the female persuasion they give you free drinks if you dance on the bar.


This would be cool, except it can lose its charm as I need three guys to give me a boost on up.) and then a swing into the Photographic Center to see the 'THE VIEW PROJECT'  that's up only one more week and was quite interesting.  Phew, then a ride back to switch cars, and a trek through a TJs just because we were there.


Raced home to console the doggie and go for a nice long walk to make her feel important, then it was out the door again to hit the cooking school where we ate escargot, chicken liver pate, beet salad on frisee, boeuf (stew) and chocolate mouse in crepes with Grand Marnier sauce.  This is a fun evening-  I had done it before with TY and we had a seven fishes dinner before Christmas.  This time was a Parisian Bistro theme.  Delicious.  And I'm scheduled for another night in 2 weeks for Rustic Italian.


In all the frivolity I forgot to get to my blood-letting appointment on Tuesday and now have to get there today.  I am getting very tired of my two-docs-a-week schedule and I guess my mind rebelled at going for more blood work!  Old age is hell, doctors appointments are hell, why can't I just go when I get sick like the Olden Daze?  Off to quilt some corners, good thing there are only four of 'em.


No comments :