Wednesday, November 28, 2012

firecracker icebox ooze


(I've had enough.)

Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time. 

Today I don't have any art to talk about-  things have taken a turn here that is making me nutty.  I hit the studio at 7:30 this morning to find pictures of my house from my contractor and I am so depressed over the findings.  Seems the guy upstairs with a three-floor condo had a toilet on his top floor that has been leaking for over a year that we know about.  It flooded my living room wall, the flooring, and the ceiling as well as developed both red and black mold that was found when they opened up the walls.  House is in upheaval, though the contractor is on top of the steps to clean it all up.  Today I am dealing long distance with having to get a mover to get my stuff out so repairs can be made.  I am going back on Saturday but don't even know if I can stay in my house while they de-mold it.So, wanna see the mess?  He sent me photos last night:
close shot of channel full of water

my formerly pretty living room

mold behind wall

buckled flooring 

black mold

No, not anything to do with Hurricane Sandy, just plain old Russian pee.  Shoot me now.

No comments :