Saturday, December 08, 2012

copter grapefruit fantastic




Good taste and humor are a contradiction in terms,

      like a 'chaste whore'. Malcolm Muggeridge

l'll get this part off my chest first:  The saga continues here in the sewer-on-the-second floor.  The plumbers were here all day yesterday and removed the sections of the stack in my living room that were covered with poop from above.  They were doing fine and got the mess out of here with a bucket to catch any drips when SOMEONE up above turned on their dishwasher which stopped the adhesive from curing in my new stack.  They had been asked to not use their sink but apparently they didn't think a dishwasher would matter. SO, I ended up with a lemon scented living room until they could get it turned off.  No problem, the floor is coming up in a few days to deal with the mold under it and what's another gush of water-  at least this was dishwasher water and not more toilet water.  So, they had to cut out that section and start again. That was yesterday and I can actually hear water from above rushing through the pipes without any getting into my space today.  The wood on the right hand side of the picture is my refrigerator and that has to be pulled out and the wall ripped down and floor replaced there too.  

 All my furniture wrapped and ready to move to storage

My poor living room today 

 That'ss me taking the picture of the dining room from my empty former studio.  Sad me. 
But hey-  isn' that a great GRID behind me?  Things are looking up.

So, imagine waking up to a completely full bedroom, junk to the ceilings on all sides and a narrow pathway to the bed, the bathroom, and the door out, opening that door and there is nothing.  No furniture, no stuff, just dust and missing walls and that's it.  What to do?  Why, of course head out to the Society of Arts an Crafts Show at the Cyclorama building in the South End.  It's a small show but very well edited with a good variety of returning and new artists.  I went to Brookline and picked up Nate and Jackie and he aunt who is visiting, and off we went to a fabulous brunch at the Beehive, then upstairs to the show.  And for the first time in days I had a good meal AND a good time!  I love seeing people I have had contact with over the years, either from being a customer or an admirer, or knowing some of them on-line. First off I hit Randy Darwell's section and found Brian there who recognized my old old red jacket as one he had done years ago. Also I was wearing one of Brian's scarves from about the same era, but that didn't stop me from finding a lightweight jacket that will work in hot weather.  Good to see him, I love his 'aside' comments.  
Also saw Ann Bauer whom I had never met before but know on-line so I introduced myself and chatted a minute with her. Said hi to Chungie Lee and the gal who felts chickpeas into her scarves-  _______Park.  Brain failure.
I found Erica who is now the director of SAC so I wanted to acknowledge her. 
Then there were the usual jewelry people who I tend to hover over trying things on- and a few others who I spent time talking to. The place got very full very fast and they all seemed to be doing well.  
I think Nate and Jackie and Peggy had fun too, a nice change on a rainy Saturday morning, especially considering my current circumstances.
And I feel better.  A touch of retail therapy I guess was all it took.

And it was capped off by getting caught in a band or running men in just red loincloths pulling a pedicab down Newbury Street at full speed.  

I'm working on a blog article about IRONY, but it needs a bit of polish before I share it, but I'll start with this to whet your appetite so you come back another day~
love this.


 Squirrel du jour.  Love this photo of a very cute kid and his little friend by Lynne Raspet on flickr.


No comments :