Thursday, December 27, 2012

deafen aptitude singleton

A little present for you from me,
and I know you need it:
(drag it to your desktop and open it at the largest size)
stained hands?  Look at the list above to figure out what to do.  
No, do not soak in Clorox.
Sandy's sage advise, wear gloves when eating blueberries.




Sometimes these posts just write themselves, sometimes it's a struggle.  But if you  noticed my comment section yesterday, someone took the time to find out about Lord Buckley, the world's first hipster.  AND she found a poem (?), a rap (?) or a performance by the Lord about (drum roll) RAVENS.  Here is just one tiny section:
Gone full out
I found the shutter
When with many a flip and flutter
In there stomped a king sized bugbird, Jack
From way back days of yore
Not a minute tipped or hung he
Not a minute brought or down he
But with stance of king and queen
He swung above my sweet pad's door
Lit upon the bust of Paris
Sat goofin' there and nothing more.

"Unsolid hip," said I, "That you're not craven
Gasser grim and beat up raven
Goofin for the night's Plutonian shore.
Swing hip me to what thy tag is
On the night's Plutonian shore."
Flip the bugbird, "Nothing more.

Solid wig me this bird to dig me
Though it copped out not upon the score
We cannot help it
Being that no single human be
Ever was so sent by seeing a wig like this
Above his pad's door
With such a tag as: Nevermore

Whatever you do today, go back to yesterday and check the Groucho clip at the bottom for your intro to the Lord, then go to the link above to learn about his life.  I was a bit hasty in my 'asshole' proclamation.  Sorry, Lord, wherever you are.

BUT HEY, NOW WE'VE GOT RAVENS AS AN OBSESSION!
Sealed in!
We'll talk more about them soon, I'm busy making hats for them.

                                  
                                                So, lets talk about carnivorous plants!

A couple of pitcher plants I saw in the botanical gardens in Sarasota.  Wish I took pictures of all of them, alas and alak.


I know that captcha thing is a pain in the butt, but whenever I take it off I am deluged with spam.  If you can't get through in the comments section, simply drop me a line in email-  address is there on the left under 'contact Sandy'.  I love to hear from you, even if you're Anon E. Mouse!

No comments :