Monday, January 14, 2013

jibe monochromator circumpolar

good advice



 You must be able to create in the middle of things or else you will not create.
Eric Maisel 



Called the gas company 15 minutes ago, and they just drove up in a huge tanker.  Hallelujah!  I'm making eggs for breakfast even though its a bit late!  This really made me aware that I do most of my cooking on top of the stove...other than baked goods which I try to not do.  Tonight is stir-fry, the vegetables and tofu are already cut and have been waiting since Friday.  Might need some scallion pancakes too.  Oh, happy day- I'm headed out to thank the driver.

I finished writing out the Open Studio invitations last night, have to go forage for some stamps and get them mailed before I change my mind!  I spent the day in the studio hiding things, moving around the wall shelves and feeling embarrassed that I don't have more to show.  Of course in the midst of all this I started messing with a few things, ripped up parts of the Leadville Twins and have several days of work on that to make it ready for prime time.  Also ripped up some of the encaustic work that was bothering me, need to get all that equipment out and fix a few of that series.  Nothing like a deadline to make a mess, eh?  I'm headed back now to see what else I can suddenly decide to modify.  This is the point I should just go on an extended cruise and forget about it.


We may feel exhilarated today as we look toward the future and share our ideas with a wider range of people. Although the socially conscious Aquarius Moon draws us into a group, we tend to shy away from more intimate, one-on-one contacts. The Moon connects us to a matrix of feelings, yet we are currently more comfortable with emotional detachment. Aquarius is an intellectual Air sign that favors the good of everyone over individual satisfaction.

Richard Serra discusses artistic tools and strategy:  
 "I have to invent new strategies so as not to go back to something that's just a reflex action"



Wall Dogs, muralists who hand paint murals and ads on the sides of buildings. The muralists work for Colossal Media, the largest hand paint mural and outdoor advertising company in the United States.

In the Modified Genetics Department:
When fast-aging elderly mice with a usual lifespan of 21 days were injected with stem cells from younger mice at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine in Pittsburgh, the results were staggering. Given the injection approximately four days before they were expected to die, not only did the elderly mice live — they lived threefold their normal lifespan, sticking around for 71 days. In human terms, that would be the equivalent of an 80-year-old living to be 200.  



At the University of Wyoming, scientists modified a group of silkworms to produce silk that is, weight for weight, stronger than steel. Different groups hope to benefit from the super-strength silk, including stronger sutures for the medical community, a biodegradable alternative to plastics, and even lightweight armor for military purposes.
Which takes me right over to a Louise Bourgeois picture of her with a bunch of spiders!  
"I am a searcher... I always was... 
and I still am... searching
for the missing piece.”  
Louise Bourgeois

I can so identify-  looks like she is working in my studio!





Happy Birthday Alternatives in Film and Television from Free Music Archive on Vimeo.
Did you know 'Happy Birthday' is copyrighted and cannot be used without paying for it?


Following up NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, I can Explain:




So, did you like the mouse above?  Want another one?  This one looks like he's stuck in mouse childhood forever.  Oh. Wait!  That ain't no mouse, it's a rat squeezing the stuffings out of a teddy bear.  Rats live forever anyway, they don't need any genetic modifications.

1 comment :

Deb Lacativa said...

I wonder if anyone noticed that those mice all became phycho killers?