Thursday, February 21, 2013

klaus cage bach




The concept of creativeness and the concept of the healthy, self-actualizing fully human person, seem
  to be coming closer and closer together, and may turn out to be the same thing. Abraham Maslow 



A few cool sets of wheels from fashion and furniture designer James Perse. Each available in four colors, the design of both the beach cruiser and trike combine a retro look with a luxury style. Both bikes are available in matte black, olive green, orange and ivory.  Did you read that?  MATTE BLACK!  Be still my heart.  Unfortunately this little beach cruiser is $2500.  For that I can get a dying car.
Or, I could learn to love this!  Driving through Amish country last year, we saw all sorts of bikes being used as scooters and it looked so strange at first.  After the third or fourth one, I saw how practical it is.  And now Phillipe Starke has one on the drawing boards that is quite fab:
French designer Philippe Starck in collaboration with French car brand Peugeot has developed a bike for the City of Bordeaux, France's bike sharing program. Considered a cross between a bicycle and a scooter, the design is set to promote and continue encouraging citizens to chose this mode of transportation within the city, 
which has seen the number of cyclists triple in the last 15 years following the implementation of a initiatives such as limited car traffic and developing the tramway. 



Pantone luxury items, well, not licensed to Pantone so that's why it's called 'Spectra':  Lightweight knitted throw with color chart print. Perfect to uplift any interior with its vibrant array of colors.
•100% Cashmere.
•Dry clean only.
•180x120cm (70x47")
Pricey Price: £496 ($769.544 USD)  Oyuna ,  Founded in 2002 by Mongolian designer and creative director Oyuna Tserendorj and Swiss-Ecuadorian-British David Bernasconi, OYUNA is a product of a Mongolian nomadic heritage and the creativity of London.


HORRORS:  It's challenging to get much finished today because everyone seems to have a different notion of what you should be doing. Additionally, matters are made worse if each person tries to convince you that his or her plan is better than yours. Meanwhile, you would rather continue unencumbered on your current path. Be firm but kind while asking others to let you figure out the day for yourself. Follow your instincts when deciding what to do next.
Marooned in the studio today where I have torn through EVERYthing looking for my Dremel. I have all the little boxes of auxiliary equipment and add-ons but I have looked high and low because I need it desperately right NOW.  I am trying to make the dollhouse furniture fit inside my stolen glass box and come to find out it is 1/8" smaller than the original so I have to shave down both sides.  Sandpaper just plain is too slow and doesn't take enough off.  I resorted to the box cutter but it's too clunky and I just know I'm going to end up bleeding.  So, for now I guess I will find another project to get involved in.  

Blogger isn't letting me change any font sizes or formatting, so I guess I have been thwarted at that too.

Looks like this webguy over at the Sewing and Embroiderers Warehouse might have had a joke in mind along these lines-  make sure an scroll along to the bottom of the page, and wonder along eith me:  WTF????  He must be out looking for a new job this morning.

 I carried my coffee to the studio this morning in a thermos in my purse and unfortunately, dealing with the leaping dogs, it turned sideways and leaked all over my phone, my credit card wallet, and the insides of the purse.  By the time I got here there was 1 inch of coffee left-  things seem to not be working out today.  Plus my ginger ale is completely flat but I'm drinking it anyway.




OK, now, enough of the random rambling, I have things to do, places to go!  None any fun.  Have a good day!

No comments :