Sunday, March 30, 2014

coke preservation thirteenth

And I'll stay away from Mole Rats from now on, I promise.





 I believe the best part of your work has to be unconscious.   Louis Malle

So, I finally located the info about the show in Melbourne (Florida, sigh) at the Ruth Funk Textile Museum.  Good thing, it's due there on Tuesday so I raced to the studio to get it packed and the threads cleaned up.  This seems like it would be an easy peasy thing to do but lots have to be checked, labels made if I didn't get to it, sleeves sewn down if that was put off, and **UGH** my giant 6' tubes have to be cut to size.  So that's what I've been doing.  Tomorrow first thing I have to get to FedEx to get it overnighted up to Melbourne.  If they can't do it that fast, I have to drive up there-  about 2 hours each way.  Lettuce Prey FedEx can save my bacon!  I also discovered that the opening reception is May 23rd and the opening show is the 24th.  We have to be in Boston then-  I'm invited to jury a show that weekend and we are to attend a fancy-dress wedding, so I'll MISS IT!  Bummer.

RIP, Daily Candy.  I'll miss your forty two emails a day, all aimed at twenty-somethings.


A bit o' art for this Sunday-


Origami made from ONE 50' piece o paper!    At age 5, Sipho Mabona created his very first paper airplane. By the time he was 20, when he had run out of designs for paper airplanes, he looked to origami to help him visualize more original designs. Now, based in Luzern, Switzerland, Mabona creates beautiful origami designs that have won him many awards and much praise. With the help of a team of 10 people financed by an Indiegogo campaign for $26,000, he was able to turn a single 50 x 50 ft piece of paper into a life-size origami elephant.






  A woman sits alone beneath hundreds of dangling scissors; they teeter above her, metallic mouths open and sharp edges facing downwards. Calmly, she sews. As part of 2011’s The Mending Project, the performance artist Beili Liu put herself in this position, asking audience members to cut away portions of a large piece of fabric and patiently threading it back together.


In Other News, maybe what 'splains it---it has been brought to my attention by Sandy-Over-There (in the UK) that there is a character on SpongeBobSquarePants named Sandy-The-Squirrel!  I did not know this so I've been RESEARCHING today in between wrapping quilts, sawing down sono tubes, and dusting 'em off.  Here she is, what crappy drawing- they need some lessons fershur:
Sandy-T-S is apparently known for wearing an upside down fishbowl as her costume.

Not above wearing a bikini on land, we have the same waist.  I have more hair and less tail.

She is also an astronaut, same fishbowl

Here she is as a cheesy plush toy,  in her crap-o bathing costume and perky little boobies, from Amazon

Or, you can get the LEGO version, but it has to be special-ordered




awww, look it his li'l back foot!

1 comment :

Sandy said...

I am laughing at your comments for Sandy the Squirrel.
The fish bowl helps her to breathe under water.
Wait til you catch the episode when she is hibernating. (not sure if real ones do?) SpongeBob and Patrick come up with a failed plan for something, as usual. The mood of the woken squirrel is something else!
Sandy over here.