Sunday, June 29, 2014

duffel neurology bucketfull


(Isn't 'octopus' spelled wrong???  Yup.  I checked.  Sorry.)



"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves." (Carl Gustav Jung)



Today I sat with a shaking dog slammed against me all afternoon-  hard to get much done when she is so needy.  Finally the thunder has stopped and I got a chance to start some packing.  It was all a ruse because there were about 6 drops in all that bluster.  I wanted to see 'Chef' this afternoon and found out it was here and gone-  my movie luck.  Guess I'll rent that from Amazon too when it shows up.  The other movies out there are all animated and special effect-ed, not what I want to see,  I'm a movie luddite.  While I was pinned to my chair I watched 'Tim's Vermeer' again and discovered I must have fallen asleep in it the first time around.  Whatever, I enjoyed it the second time  too and now can definitively say I DID see it.  If you haven't, it's $3.99 to rent.  


  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  • Don’t borrow money. 
    Once again, Frank Gehry’s advice. By maintaining financial control, we maintain creative control. It’s not exactly rocket science, but it’s surprising how hard it is to maintain this discipline, and how many have failed.

Oh. hey-  it must be OK then for  the kids to play with~~~  honey, let's get us a few guns!
They're hammerless, thank goodness.




Here I am shaking my head in disbelief...







Shaun Kardinal has been creating digital collages using found images from friends’ Facebook and Instagram feeds… specifically nabbing the birds that frequent their skies. His series Flying Formation is a collection of improbable (or impossible?) formations of birds in curving spirals, perfectly straight lines and sky filling flocks.










French artist, photographer, and illustrator Sébastien Del Grosso mixes his passion for photography with his love of illustration. He has worked himself into a series called “The Sketch of a Life”. Del Grosso explains, “Since my childhood, drawing has always been a passion, but when I discovered photography, I thought that the combination of these two passions could afford to give free rein to my imagination. In this series “The sketch of a life”, I wanted to illustrate the main stages of my life, like my sketches had given birth to reality”. 


snacktime


1 comment :

Seth said...

Such a cool series of bits and pieces of inspiration. Thank you!