Sunday, June 01, 2014

with hayden inflammatory





Anybody who paints and sees a sky green and pastures blue ought to be sterilized.  Adolph Hitler 

Your ideas appear to have a life of their own and may even stumble over each other as they fight to be heard and appreciated. Your associates and friends expect a lot from you, but you don't have to try so hard to impress them. Set your priorities, slow your pace and start at the top of your list. You are a force to be reckoned with when your goal is within sight. There's no stopping you now once you have a practical plan in place.  Horrors

No newspaper came today so I guess that will force me out to work out the alligator problem in the studio. I got his tail drawn yesterday, but had to come home to feed the livestock and didn't get any further.  I did manage to order a new bold to MistyFuse so perhaps by the time that comes I'll be all ready to get going. Oh yeah, I also ordered a new iron with a titanium soleplate.  I hear tell that's what I need for industrial strength fusing, and I am ready to try anything since my current iron can't be used for anything these days-  the plate is so scratched and gunky that it drags across any surface.  I'm looking for GLIDE.  I guess I'm due, this old one is probably 15 or so.  A teenaged iron.  In ordering it I also discovered that they aren't making many irons anymore, choices are limited!  Good thing I'm old and won't need many more, the green banana theorem!

  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  •   Make new words. 
    Expand the lexicon. The new conditions demand a new way of thinking. The thinking demands new forms of expression. The expression generates new conditions.
    (are you beginning to thinks Bruce Mau is doing something like with loaves and fishes?  Seems to me these points are growing to fit how long i will blog!)  



This is kind of cool-  I never had a chance at anything like this for a couple of reasons-  my grandmother was built like a brick outhouse (as my dad used to say), my mother didn't weigh 100#s on a bloat day, and I was taller than both of them by a foot.  Anyway, here are a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter in the same outfit, right down to the rollers.  Nice little photo essay by Nina Roder.


Another photo essay is of dos in their baths.  These two struck me because they look so much like my two except they are compliant.  pepper would have been out of there with the groomers chasing him down the hall.  It take three of them to give him a haircut.  Molly is more amenable as long as she's being patted she's happy.


(These are little guys, mine are a bit more robust.)



Well, it's happened.  'They' have decided that one way to deal with invasive species is to eat them.  Here is squirrel crostini for your dining pleasure.  This idea has spread to uses for jellyfish and an earthworm crust on a lovely creme brûlée.  Don't think these will be appearing at my table, invasive or not.  I'll eat kudzu first.

1 comment :

Sandy said...

My grandmother said they had to eat squirrel in the Depression (West Virginia) Not really worth the effort because there wasn't much meat on them.
Sandy over here